Caribbean & Star Princess For Teens?

tarheelmjfan

What is there for a 14 yr. old boy to do on these ships, w/o going to the teen club? Princess keeps sending us mailings offering OBC, etc., which is very tempting. :D We're just not sure our DS would enjoy the ships. He's not outgoing & won't go to the teen club. My DH & I prefer Celebrity, but he gets bored. I booked RCCL for our next cruise hoping our DS will enjoy it more. This choice hasn't been very popular with my DH. :o What does Princess offer that would make it a good choice for all of us, with our DS taking top priority? TIA :)

We took the whole family on the Star in January. We also had another family with us and some of the kid's friends came. In total we had 8 teens (yep EIGHT of them)....they had a BLAST. However, if your son is shy I suggest you consider having him invite a friend to come along. (Consider booking a seperate room for them)

There is a tennis court, two pools, and plenty of hang out spaces.

I agree totally with the above. To insure success, invite a friend.

The mix of "kids" aboard can have a dramatic effect on their individual cruise experience.

Your travel agent can tell you from time to time, months in advance, how many of each age group are on board. That's a nice number to know but in no way insures that your teen will "click" with the group.

Still, one of the very best pieces of advice I've seen given here is to be sure your teen goes to the first night meeting of teens on board. If they don't they can be really left out of the social scene. Remember, teens are on an accellerated calendar, much like dog years.

To them, a week is an eternity, "long term thinking" is what they'll have for lunch and your impetus in getting them involved at the beginning of it can make for life-long friendships and a totally rewarding cruise experience.

My "kids" still IM, text, and email friends they met on cruises five years ago. The cruise is the common bond and it can be a powerful one.

Archived