Slinkie and Grumpy do London Town

Grumpy1

Hi All,

This was a great read. We did this cruise about nine years ago with Princess. As a result our daughter chose to do her "semester abroad" in Sweden and we visited her for five days prior to boarding the "millie" for BtoB Vinice to Ft. Lauderdale. With the exception of my mother-in-law it was a wonderful trip. Has St. Petersburg improved their inferstructure at all. When we were there it made me so sad. You could see what a beautiful city it should be, and was invisioned to be, but the current condition was awful. As I said it made me so sad. Slinky, about shopping in Rome. There is a wonderful web site called Slow Travel, where if you do searches, etc. I'm sure you can find anything you need. In Rome in March, I didn't shop much (I did all my damage in Umbria at a cashmire factory) but did pamper myself with hair, manicure and pedicure treatments. If you can't find the web site, let me know and I will try and cut and paste it. It is the best!!!!! We did cooking classes and winery tours (all small, 4 people) from places we found on this site. We also did 3 hour walking tour of Trestevere one evening and followed up with dinner at Piazza Navona, it was so wonderful. Been back to Rome for the past three years and will probably go again next year, we love Rome. Glad you had a wonderful and safe trip and hope August is as delightful.

Best Regards,

Shannon

Slinkiecat,

I posted a couple of web site you might want to explore at the Floataway Lounge.

This is a great site and I hope you check it out, if you do a search there is one for fashion too.

Good luck and enjoy Rome.

Regards,

Shannon

That's an easy one... Prinsendam! There's just something about the Elegant Explorer that feels right to me. I would sail any damn ship... already have bookings on Noordam and Westerdam... but my preference for the same itinerary would be Prinsendam.

Several months ago someone posted that there just didn't seem to be a lot of places on the Prinsendam to sit and relax and enjoy a book, as compared to the other dam ships. My apologizes for not remembering who it was that posted the comment. At the time, I didn't undestand the comment as I felt there were plenty of quiet nooks on Prinsendam and figured a ship with more passengers would have to be more crowded in the public areas. After being on the Rotterdam, I think I now understand. I was amazed at the seating available in the atrium and all of the lounges, and so few people using it. The only time it was crowded is when they preempted most of the area for additional sales space.... fortunately not that often.

We could always find a place to plop down with the laptops in the Atrium on deck five. We could always find seats and tables in the lounges. We walked through the Explorations Cafe/Internet Lounge many times and it was never crowded. I now have to agree that the Prinsendam doesn't have as much inside lounging space available as the Rotterdam.

[quote name='slgjhg']Slinkiecat,

I posted a couple of web site you might want to explore at the Floataway Lounge.

This is a great site and I hope you check it out, if you do a search there is one for fashion too.

Good luck and enjoy Rome.

Regards,

Shannon[/quote]

I found the site and bookmarked it, Shannon. You know how the CC site is, though, when you really want to post something, and I was not able to reply to your last link on the Floataway Lounge. Thank you so much for sending that link. I'll be visiting it often as we plan our visit to Rome in August.

Slinkie

Archived