days inn maimi airport

MTcruiser

The one by the hospital is the Days Inn port of Miami. The Days Inn by the airport was just ok... IF you are just looking for somewhere to sleep for a few hours between your flight and arrival at the port. I would not stay more then a few hours at any of the Days Inn motels.... and I am not someone who needs the finest. I can be thrifty and stay cheap....

The one thing that I didnt like about the airport location was the layout of the buildings. Some rooms were very far from the front office. I thought the "bellman" was unnecessary for bringing us to our room... though it was late at night. However, after walking through the campus.. I felt a bit safer with somone who familiar with the grounds and people there. I also didnt like the lounge that was attached to the building. It seemed to be local Miami people "hanging out" at the Days Inn lounge... again, I dont like to judge a book by its cover... but there were some interesting people there.

If you are arriving after 10 pm and really just need a place to sleep for a few hours before going to the port... then go with an open mind(and maybe a sheet to lay on... on top of the bedding) and it will be ok.

Here is another hotel near the airport:

I just stayed ( 5/12/06) at the La Quinta/Baymont on LeJeune Rd. The hotel was very clean, the staff was extremely pleasant & helpful, the free breakfast in the morning was very nice & more than just the run of the mill continental one offered by most hotels.. They offer a shuttle from the airport to the hotel & then to the cruise pier. There is a Bennigan's right next door for dinner but beyond that there is nothing within walking distance. For the price & convience this is a great LITTLE hotel.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon on June 2, and it was a typical Hampton Inn - nice, very comfortable and clean, friendly staff (very helpful with directions), good parking that was free and away from the street. The breakfast was good as well. It was a good night's sleep before the cruise.

Nearby was a CVS, Walgreens and a Wendy's. There are several other restaurants (fast food and other) within a few blocks, but I would not walk around there at night.

Archived