Internet Acessabilty on CP

josecruz

It depresses me to ask this question but:confused: ... one of the guys in our travel party needs to use the internet during our upcoming August 5th sail on the Caribbean Princess.

Does anyone know if it's availbale and if yes what are the rates??

To me it doesn't matter if it's free becauce I am on VACATION and leaving my lap top at home where it belongs ;) !!!

Thanks,

JC

Internet rates for non-Platinum/Elite passengers is $.35 per minute. There is also wi-fi available in the atrium for a charge, but I don’t know what that is. Like you, I leave the laptop home.

Never been on the CP but all other Princess ships are the same so expect CP to be the same.

Most acess the Internet in the ship's internet cafe where you use their computers. Cost is $.35 a minute. Platinum members have free use in the internet cafe. Access can be slow or non existent a times. :( For checking email it is usually sufficient. :)

Wireless is available at an added cost only in limited areas. You need your own computer. I think this appeals to folks doing work on vacation. You can go online, get your mail, go offline, work, then go online and send your mail. Never done it on a ship so do not know if it has the same "problems" but imagine it is susceptible to loss of sattilite link just like the internet cafe.:(

Internet rates for non-Platinum/Elite passengers is $.35 per minute. There is also wi-fi available in the atrium for a charge, but I don’t know what that is. Like you, I leave the laptop home.

I wish that was an option! Unfortunately, many business owners find it necessary to be chained to the "cyber-leash'. At times like this I long for the days of working only 40 hours per week and taking paid vacations!

I heard on the news recently that 25% of Americans check in at work during vacation - mostly checking E-mail and phone messages.

WOW! Well, at least that's better than the Japanese. Most Japanese men of working age don't even travel. When I was in Europe last summer, all I saw were women in the Japanese tour groups.

Thank God for the Internet on cruises. Without it, some might not even go on vacation!

Archived