Question about Camp Carnival- turning 2 during cruise

BPaige

Hello! I have a question about Camp Carnival. My daughter will be turning 2 on the cruise we would like to take over Spring Break. The cruise is SUn to Sun and she turns 2 on Friday. I would like her to do Camp Carnival some and was wondering if they would let us "fudge" and let her go the few days before her birthday. I called and they can't tell me, they just say the rules are 2 and up. I would hate to book it and she wouldn't be able to go! It isn't really possible for us to change dates, we need to go over Spring Break. Has anyone encountered this?

Thanks!

I would be safe and try to push the cruise back a week. They will have your childs age because of the birth certificate. You will not be able to put her in the kids program. Like I said, push it back a week and you will be ok.

We have decided to change plans and push it back a week. We will be leaving the day AFTER she turns 2. Thanks again!!

Now just hope that she will stay there without you. I took my twins at 3 and neither would stay at the camp without me... But I guess you probably already have a feeling for that. I pretty much knew mine wouldn't, but was hoping against hope...

BPaige: You were wise to push it back a week. DS turned 6 on a cruise, and he was with the 2-5's group the entire time. The camp counselors get the age info from the boarding process where they check passports/birth certificates...On our first cruise, DD was 25 months. There was a couple there with an almost-two little girl and the camp counselors were adamant that they were not permitted to accept her into camp. The parents were VERY upset, but the counselors would not budge - this was a mid-January cruise with relatively few children.

We have decided to change plans and push it back a week. We will be leaving the day AFTER she turns 2. Thanks again!!

This is what we did. We are traveling on the Valor Aug 20, 2006. My youngest will turn 2 Aug 13th. We wanted to wait until she was officially two to cruise. Plus the week of the 19th of AUgust, is cheaper then the week previous, so it is a win win situation.

Archived