Need all the help I can get..lol!!!

I'm going on the 4th Annual Country Cruise December 9-14th to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. This is my first cruise ever and I've read a lot of things, but I was looking for any information for a new cruiser. I'll be flying to Ft. Lauderdale so I can't bring a TON of things. Any help would be appreciated!

You won't need a "ton of things" for a 5 day cruise. Just make sure you have the appropriate clothes for dinner if you choose to eat in the dining room, at least 2 swim suits, and anything else you would normally take on a vacation. There are some "no-no's", such as taking your own booze, clothes irons, and candles.

Above all, have a GREAT time!

And could you give us some info about this cruise???? A link to a website would be perfect!

How exciting, you're first cruise. You'll have a great time. Be sure to pack whatever you'll need for the afternoon on board in your carry on, bathing suit, etc., because you won't see your luggage till later in the day. Also, bring an empty bag, or save room in you luggage for goodies you'll buy. The Tortuga Rum cakes from Grand Cayman are to die for. Yum Yum. You can sample them at the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory on the Island. Sting Ray City is also a fun excursion in Grand Cayman, if you like water activities. Have a wonderful time. :D

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but first time cruiser here also. I didn't realize you could not take candles on board. Can you take them and use a candle warmer or is that too risky as well? Thanks in advance.

Sorry, you can't take either with you. but I would STRONGLY recommend a nightlight, otherwise you will end up having to leave your bathroom light on all night long.. it's pitch black on the open water at night.....

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but first time cruiser here also. I didn't realize you could not take candles on board. Can you take them and use a candle warmer or is that too risky as well? Thanks in advance.

You may not recall the fire on Princess cruise lines earlier this year where one person died and the ship was severely damaged ... but the cruiselines are very serious about regulations concerning irons or candles. Plus, you will be having such a great time that you will spend very little time in your cabin! If you love a certain scent in your cabin, perhaps you could take the plug-in fresheners (Yankee Candle or Glade).

Archived