OT - Mama Mia

mtaylor04

Many of you have asked that I let you know how I was doing since I lost my husband in March

Went to Memphis Tennessee last weekend for a little fun (I had forgotten what fun was) with my eldest daughter and a very good friend of mine. We went to the musical Mama Mia, if you have not seen it I highly recommended it. It was so much fun I laughed until I almost hurt myself.

We walked around Beale Street a little bit and went to the Peabody to see the ducks cross the hotel. A very fun weekend and I manage to only cry once.

Next up....either Chicago to see Wicked or a trip to see Menopausal.

PS: The cats are better although crybaby is still waking me up at 3am each morning.

MTaylor,

So glad to hear that you're now going out and having fun.

I've only been to Memphis once and really loved it. I think we went to every blues club on Beale Street.

I'm not much of a fan of musical theatre - I prefer plays and I saw a fantastic play a few weeks ago here on Broadway, called The History Boys. Very funny. If it's playing in any of the cities you visit, I highly recommend seeing it.

BEst wishes,

Jane

Thanks for the update. I am glad you had a chance to experience fun and laughter again. I've seen Mama Mia in Las Vegas and enjoyed it very much!

Poor Crybaby. Hopefully (s)he will settle into a better routine soon so you can get the rest you need!

MTaylor,

I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. Laughter and music are so healing. I'm glad you found them combined in a wonderful production. I recently purchased an ABBA CD - I hadn't heard many of the songs in years. I'm enjoying singing (loudly) and "dancing" while driving my car. :)

Sue

My sincerest sympathies on the loss of your hubby.

Glad to hear you were able to get out and have some fun and that you enjoyed yourself.

Haven't been to Memphis in a very long time (I lived in NO for 18 months), but remember it was fun when I was there.

I love theatre and musicals. I'm somewhat the opposite of Jane, not much on plays I prefer the musical and only do a play once in a while. I love and miss Broadway.

Jane btw, History Boys won the Tony last night for Best Play. Jersey Boys won for best musical. History Boys took a fair number of Tonys last night. I saw Jersey Boys when I was in NYC in April and it was great.

Next shows will be Drowsey Chaperone and Grey Gardens (not open yet) and Losing Louie (not open yet) a play.

Archived