looking for crab in FLL

selltile

Like you, I am in search of a special crab dinner in FLL prior to our cruise on the Coral Princess in February 2007.

Not just any crab dinner, but STONE CRABS. We had them before another cruise out of Miami at Joe's Stone Crabs and I was looking for something similar in FLL. Someone suggested 15th St Fisheries. http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

I can't speak from personal experience, since I haven't been there yet myself, but if you choose to go there, get the stone crab claws. You won't be dissappointed.

We've dined at the Rustic Inn in the past and are definitely returning there for dinner when we're in Ft. Laud the end of Oct. for a cruise. They have a large variety of crabs; blue claw, stone, golden, to name just a few, and also a choice in the preparation. Nice atmosphere, friendly service, decent prices, generous portions, very casual. It's where the locals go for seafood (and they should know;) ).

The Westin is about 20 minutes north of the Airport and the Rustic Inn. I did not know about this place, but will certainly give it a try on one of my next trips to the area. A bit closer to the Westin on Andrews Ave north of Oakland Park Blvd. is http://www.catfishdeweys.com They have all sorts of seafood and all stone crab and king crab. But none of my beloved Blue Crab.

Bequia, great suggestion Rustic Inn. I sent a friend there this week and he raved about the garlic crabs, and this from a Marylander.

Stone crabs are only in season from Oct 15 to May 15.

Archived