Tony Awards Dresses

So funny, MrsMoose...I had the exact opposite impression. I thought she looked really bad.

Did anyone watch the Tony's last night. I thought Cynthia Nixon, white gown looked beautiful, actually I think she looked the best I've ever seen her.

But did you see the two that wore the same dress? Alfie Woodard and Gail, Oprah's friend, I think were the two. Didn't care for the dress so much but I thought the two of them handled the situation beautifully and with much grace.

No, I missed that! Good for them for handling it like the ladies they are!

But did you see the two that wore the same dress? Alfie Woodard and Gail, Oprah's friend, I think were the two. Didn't care for the dress so much but I thought the two of them handled the situation beautifully and with much grace.

Madelinerose, that just goes to show how true "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've seen every episode of Sex in the City and never thought she looked really good in any episode but to me she looked fantastic at the Tonys but I respect your opinion, we are allowed to agree to disagree respectfully I hope.

I missed seeing the "same two dresses" but it's nice to know that a big fuss was not made.

Isn't that so true, MrsMoose! I've seen all the SATC episodes also. For some reason, the episode where they're having Brady's 1st birthday party stands out for me as Miranda just looking very "pretty'" that day. I don't know, but IMHO, that white dress against her very pale skin at the Tonys just didn't do her any justice. Also, I thought the fit of the dress was off and her hair looked a mess.

You're absolutely right....beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Thank goodness we can agree to disagree and not flame one another. That's why I divert my attention to the fashion boards, because lately the other boards have just been downright nasty. ;)

Madelinerose, that just goes to show how true "beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I've seen every episode of Sex in the City and never thought she looked really good in any episode but to me she looked fantastic at the Tonys but I respect your opinion, we are allowed to agree to disagree respectfully I hope.

I missed seeing the "same two dresses" but it's nice to know that a big fuss was not made.

Hi Madelinerose, you know I'm happy I can at least just discuss this with you with no flames. I respect your opinion and it's nice to hear some one else's point of view and it makes me stop and think.

I remember that episode on SITC, but you know, but for me, she looked "better" in some like that one yes, I agree, but overall she to me was not "pretty". Maybe I didn't like her character and perhaps that influenced me.

But I love SJP and I loved her in SITC and I felt the same way about her, although I thought she was pretty in some shows and not so pretty in some shows.

As for the Tony awards, I agree the white was a little washed out on her, I just loved the gown in general. And yest the fit was a little off , but I still loved the gown overall. I thought it very chic and understated. Maybe the fact that I loved the gown influenced me on how "she looked in it".

As for her hair, I thought it looked better than on SINTC and that it suited her. I don't know maybe it was her makeup or her lipstick, I just thought she looked "prettier" in the face, less hard, softer, I would say at the Tonys.

It's nice to just have a pleasant discussion and I hope you know that I am not arguing with you, I respect your opinions we are just having a discussion.

I don't understand flames, these are just opinions your opinion is just as valid as mine or anyone elses. If I didn't want other opinions I wouldn't be on an opinion board. I think it's nice to discuss fashion and read what others think about fashion and stuff.

Archived