Getting Married on the Elation on 9/13/06

I'm getting married on the Carnival Elation on 9/13/06.

It's less than 3 months away, and I'm getting really nervous. I have not heard anything from the wedding department. I know they are not supposed to give me the exact location on the ship till 2 weeks prior to sailing.

I'm just not too sure what I'm supposed to be getting ready at this point. We've purchased the dlx package and have about 45 people going on this cruise.

Can anyone who's been married on a cruise give some advise as far as what I am supposed to be doing at this point? and what I should be bringing? Thanks.:) :confused:

Hi I cant help you yet, but please give A review when you return. I am getting married on the Elation 11/11/06!! Do you have any sailing guests, what upgrades package did you get?

We got the 1.5 hr reception, but are still debating about music etc. Im so excited for you!

You dont need to bring anything. Some brides have brought differant cake toppers, as the ones supplied have been said to be somewhat tacky, but others liked it. I made gift bags for those traveling with us( only 18 so easy) with sunscreen, listerine pocket strips, anti bac wipes, hand sanitizer, razors and shaving cream, lotion. other that some wine that is all I am bringning.

Yes the delux is the 1.5 hr. Most that have been on here and have already married have said they got that package, and were pleased. If you look at the differant threads you can find tons of reviews, pictures etc. Everyone here is just awesome!

Are you doing your own hair, or getting it done early that am? sometimes clearing customs takes a bit longer and some brides have only had 45 min or so to get ready. Im getting nervous just thinking about it :)

Thank you so much for you helpful reply.

I was planning to do my hair on the ship. Since our wedding date is the 3rd day of the cruise, carnival told me that I should make an appointment as soon as we leave Miami on the 10th. Carnival has also given me permission to take 50 bottles of wine on board as party favors. Which was pretty cool.

I guess I've been just a little frustrated since they don't tell me the exact location till 2 weeks prior the sailing.

Oh thats awesome, You helped me out and didn't even know it. I was planning on bringing a case of two of a local wine we all love, and was wondering if I had to have everyone pack a bottle or two. thanks!

I know it is hard to just do nothing but sit back :) That is what I like. I will be happy no matter what, or where I am ( i just really hope it is not Jekyll and Hyde disco) I think they wait to make sure about the final guest count , and to see if any other weddings will take place that day, so they can accomadate everyone where there will be plenty of room etc

I am jealous of the hair thing. We have to get up at 7am ( WHICH is 6am my time) to go to Cocoa to a salon to get my hair done. they are opening early for my group, and Stevesgirl ( also on CC) to get our hair done. Then a race back to the hotel for the guys then to the Port !

I hope the hurricanes play nice for you

Hi Illinoisgal. what is the date and time of your wedding? And are you getting married on the Elation as well? As far as the 50 bottles of wine goes, I called the wedding department and go authorization from them 1st. I has told them that the bottles will be decorated as favors. So they approved me to bring 50 bottles on board. I was also informed that each person is allowed to bring one botten of fine wine or champagne.

We are getting married on the Elation ( yes!) on 11/11/2006. I just got done calling the brevard Co Clerk of Court. You can do you license stuff thru the mail withy them, instead of carnival ( saves 75.00 so I thought why not)

Where do you live? I obviously live in Illinois :) My sis lives in Florida (lucky girl) and this will be her first cruise. They are in the process of hopefully adopting their 2.5 year old foster boy, so we may have another cruiser with us!

You sure have a lot of people attending, are all 45 sailing with you? What ports are you going to?

We paid for our 18 guests to sail, so Im glad we didn't have 45 Whew!

Are you doing the whole groomsman/bridesmaid thing? We are not, just having our son walk me down the isle. Nice and casual. We have been together since 93, so we are kinda going mellow about it.

I still don't have a dress. Everyone in our group is wearing nie khaki short/linen pants and Hawaiian (not tacky) shirts for the men, and women tropical dresses and/ or Capri's with a tropical top. Shawn was so happy when I told him I didint care if he was ina tux or not. He will wear one for formal night, so we can get pics then too.

I had to call the wedding dept today, they had me freaked out, they sent another packet of info. I thought maybe they didnt rec. what I had already sent, but for some reason they had down I requested another set. Someone somewhere else must be waiting for theirs, and it isn't coming!

My name is Kimberly by the way.

We are sailing out of Miami and we live in California. All of our guests will be flying out of CA to FL, only a couple of people out of Phoenix. Yeah, believe it or not all the guest are going on the cruise. Everyone pays for themselves ofcourse. We just pay for the little reception. We're sailing on 10th from Miami, but will actually be married in the port of St Thomas. Are you getting married in Miami? On board?

It's so funny that you are talking about wedding dresses. I bought mine back in January and is about to change my mind, but I really dont' want to spent another 600 again. hhehehe besides, everyone said they look the same. You still have 5 more month to go, but do start looking for a wedding dress soon. Some places can take up to 3 months to have one ordered in. Like Davids Bridal.

Hi Kimberly, I am Brook by the way.

We are doing the new Elation sailings, so we are actually going out of Port canveral ( my Fav) ( and yes getting married at port, we can pre board at 10 am !!) I cruised out of Miami, and didn't like it much ( Miami, not the port itself) Everyone was soooo slow in that town. We rented a car and it took 2 hours in line to return( only 3 people ahead of us) we had a free day coupon so all we had to pay was taxes. We also stayed at the Embassy suites (300 a night) and it was skanky. I have stayed at better Motel 8's! ( this was w/our points so free thank goodness)

Wow that sure is a long way for that many people. You all must be popular! :)

Ps I saw your other post, almost all wedding are in differant places than the reception.

St Thomas sounds nice. Many brides have been married there. You will definatly have to post pics when you return

Oh about the dress, See I am on weight watchers, so I dont want to look yet. the dress I like( or styles) are considered fashion dresses or bridesmaid dresses, so they are in stock. I didn't want a super long, hot gown. Since everyone is going tropical, I am too! If you go to David's Bridal website, and click on bridesmaids dresses, the 1st pic shoes the dress I like so far ( in the intro girl under an archway, before you enter the pages to look ) cute flowers on hem, tee length and hey I can wear it again.

Well it is 11 here so i better get ready for bed. :)

Archived