Ultra of the Seas

jonj

I was talking to the crew on the voyager about it 2-3 weeks ago. The boat is a MONSTER. gonna be the biggest on the water. 25 or 26 decks. to big to fit into ny harbor cause they cant get it under the bridge but that is all i know

It should be the same height and width as the current Voyager Class. The difference is the length. Royal Caribbean is taking the current Voyager Class design and adding a mid-section. I imagine that Ultra will look very similar to VOS, but longer.

Ernie

I think I'd get very nervous looking down from 25 decks up! The AOS was high enough for me! :eek:

But it is so hard to think of adding a "middle" section. When we were at sea, I kept thinking about the Royal Promenade as the middle of the ship, the dining areas as the aft, and the entertainment (including the spa) was forward. What would they put in this new middle? An amusement park? ;)

Kvaerner Masa-Yards Turku

The Ultra Voyager

Building on the success of its Voyager-class ships, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., in September 2003, ordered an even larger cruise ship - the Ultra Voyager - for delivery in May 2006. Royal Caribbean and Kvaerner Masa-Yards also agreed on an option for a sistership with a 2007 delivery. Roughly 15 percent larger than Voyager, the Ultra Voyager will have a gross tonnage of about 160.000 and will be 18 stories high. The length is 339 metres (1,112 ft) and breadth is 38.6 metres (126 ft). At 100 percent double-occupancy it will carry 3,600 guests and 1,400 crew.

Main data

Length o.a. 339 m (1,112 ft)

Breadth waterline 38.6 m (126 ft)

Gross Tonnage approx. 160,000

Passenger capacity, lower bed 3,600

Crew capacity 1,400

Speed, service 22 knots

Norm, RCL sent out surveys with potential names to some of the Cruise Critic people a few months ago, but no name has been announced. Since the ship won't be delivered until May 2006, they probably won't start reservations until late 2005. Keep in mind that when the ship is delivered, it still has to be decorated and outfitted. For the Mariner, it was delivered to Sweden in early fall of last year, I think, and it crossed the Atlantic about a month later, crew only, and the inaugural cruise was in Nov. So if the "Ultra" delivered to RCL in May, cruises probably won't start until at least July. So start checking for it next spring.

Do you know what some of those potential names where, thoughtif they did that maybe they would send it to some of their own diamond and plat. members for ideas. Wondering about the timetable as one poster said, on his recent cruise, he was told late 2005..../.which means they could be sailing the beginning of 2006.

Archived