September weather

lvz2cruz

We went last Sept the weather was great in Bermuda and the ocean water perfect. The days we were at sea were nice also, and yes, we could swim in the pool. We have booked for this Sept coming up again.

Is it warm enough to swim on the sea days going to Bermuda from NY and the sea days back?

Is it pleasant to swim in Bermuda at this time?

Thanks!

We were there in Sept. Several years ago(8/25/96, yes 96) and caught the beginning of Hurricaine Edwardo, Ship (Meridian) stayed 1 1/2 days and we were then diverted to Martha's Vinyard. Had more days at sea, but it beats riding out a hurrianine. Next ship out was Zenith and the hull breached, many passengers had flooded staterooms, injuries. We weree fine and saw yet another port!

Thanks for the info we are booked for our 1st cruise to Bermuda this Sept.

We were scheduled for Bermuda out of Boston in September 2003. Bermuda got hit by Hurricane Fabian & we got got diverted to the New England/Canada route. Not at all what a New Englander would want.:mad:

We sailed last Sept 11th from NYC and the weather was perfect, so naturally we are trying our luck again this year! Bermuda water temp is about 82degrees in Sept (pretty much same as August) and the days were pretty hot. The trip down was very warm: we were frolicking in the pool about 7pm of the sailing day (although there was impressive wind on the NCL Crown's Penthouse Deck (where the hottubs are).

Bermuda itself rarely has hurricanes, the trick is to avoid them on the trip there and the trip back ;)

Is October any better to avoid the hurricanes and if so is it still warm enough to go in the ocean at Bermuda???

Hurricane season in Bermuda is from June to November 30th. The island generally gets hit by a Hurricane only every 10-16 years but last year Hurricane Nate was a close call, veering away at the last minute. The last hit was Hurricane Fabian in September 2003.

Hurricanes are easy to track so if there is any potential danger the ship will leave early to avoid it.

We were scheduled for Bermuda out of Boston in September 2003. Bermuda got hit by Hurricane Fabian & we got got diverted to the New England/Canada route. Not at all what a New Englander would want.:mad:

That was the year we decided to take the NCL Sea to Bermuda from NYC instead of Boston... and the crying and carrying on by some passengers was not to be believed.. Beautiful Bermuda was being hit by a severe hurricane...and they wanted to risk their lives and the lives of their fellow passenger to go to Bermuda...Well, let me tell you the cruise to Halifax, Boston, Bar Harbor, Newport, St. John were wonderful Many of the passengers had never thought of coming to Boston or visiting any of these other ports... As a Bostonian I was thrilled to hear the positive comments from people who thought Boston was "graffiti-free".. p,s, just as I write this I realize Ihave to make a final payment...to go to Bermuda again,,,lol for the 11th time

That was the year we decided to take the NCL Sea to Bermuda from NYC instead of Boston... and the crying and carrying on by some passengers was not to be believed.. Beautiful Bermuda was being hit by a severe hurricane...and they wanted to risk their lives and the lives of their fellow passenger to go to Bermuda...Well, let me tell you the cruise to Halifax, Boston, Bar Harbor, Newport, St. John were wonderful Many of the passengers had never thought of coming to Boston or visiting any of these other ports... As a Bostonian I was thrilled to hear the positive comments from people who thought Boston was "graffiti-free".. p,s, just as I write this I realize Ihave to make a final payment...to go to Bermuda again,,,lol for the 11th time

We are thinking of doing the Boston to Bermuda cruise on October 1st and we just went in May! It's a great cruise. Hey Parrot Mom I live real close to you. We live right next to Worcester. We did a Boston to Bermuda cruise about one month after Fabian hit. When is your trip?

Archived