Ocho Rios suggestions besides Dunn's Falls

khank

We were on the June 6 Mariner sailing and did the ship's excursion to the falls. We're going again 6/5/05 and want to try something different. Thought maybe horseback riding or tubing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

My boyfriend and I are sailing on the Mariner on Aug. 29. We were thinking about going horseback riding, but don't want to do it through the cruise line (to save money).

Anyone have experience with horseback riding in Ocho Rios - cost, transportation, etc.?

Thanks! :) :)

Stacey,

This is Dolores from the Roll Call. My kids (18 & 13) and I are booked for a morning horseback ride through Hooves Ltd. Their website is www.hoovesjamaica.com. It is $65 per person for a 2 1/2 hour ride and includes transportation. It would be fun if you and Jim join us! I don't know what time in the morning it would be, because my confirmation email just says that I am booked for the morning heritage beach ride. If you find out what time it is at, let me know. They also said they would call me at a later date to get my credit card info, so I can find out then if you don't.

Shoretrips.com also has a horseback ride that they book, but it is $72 for 3 hours including transportation time. Plus, I felt more comfortable with the above website. One of the differences is that the one I booked your horse actually swims in the water with you. The other one, you just trot in the surf.

Hope this helps!

Lovingmom - I'd love to know how you liked the horseback riding when you return. Also, wondering about the heat and riding. I know it'll be fine in the water, just not sure about before you get wet. It really sounds like fun!

khank,

I will keep this post in my notifications so I will remember to report back after our cruise! That's what I was thinking too about the heat, but I figured we would be ready for the water by the time we get there!!! :)

Thanks Dolores (I spelled it right this time! :) )

I'm going to check that site out now, and I'll get back to you with our plans. I'm really not a horse person (never been on one in my life), but Jim was raised around them and is dying to get me to ride, too. We'll see who prevails!

Thanks again!

Dolores,

The company you suggested looks great! Thanks so much!

We're going to book through them for the morning, too. Maybe we'll be in the same group - I'll request what you have. If it's the same tour as what I've been reading about, they leave the dock between 8-8:30 a.m. So, we won't be staying up too late the night before! :rolleyes:

I can't wait - I think I may actually enjoy horseback riding afterall!

Archived