How's Alaska so far this year? Weather is good?

tempoct

I'm heading there in 2 weeks (yeah!!!). Anyone recently back, please share some photos :).

I check weather.com and see there "light rain" almost popular destinations in AK. Just a little concern.

Ah, so late here in CA.

:D

I'm heading there in 2 weeks (yeah!!!). Anyone recently back, please share some photos :).

I check weather.com and see there "light rain" almost popular destinations in AK. Just a little concern.

Ah, so late here in CA.

You can't always go by the weather reports. We were in Alaska from May 19 through May 29. Reports indicated that we would have rain every day. The reality was, we only had ONE day of rain and that was in Anchorage. Actually, it was only half a day...but, it was enough to put a damper on road trip. Cruise weather (May 22-29) was SPECTACULAR!

We just got back on Sunday June 11 and had great weather for the whole week except for a couple of showers at the beginning of the week. There were a few days of no clouds at all and temperatures in the 70's. We just couldn't have ordered the weather any better.

We also just returned from Alaska. Thankfully the weather was AMAZING with an average around 65 degrees in all ports. We did get a few sprinkles in Sitka that disapated after about 1/2 hour. The weather report I saw posted the evening before our trip was to begin, also indicated rain everyday at each port, but as you can see - predictions don't always come true!

Weather was mainly beautiful. Sea days were cool...there are blankets available. Hubbard glacier was so warm, we took our coats off! Only slight rain for a 1/2 hour in Ketch. and a few hours of drizzling on one of the sea days. Some drinks in the Navigator took care of that :) .

Check out my photos. Alaska is beautiful in any weather.

Have a great trip.

Claudia

We just returned from the Westerdam on June 11.

We had great weather. A little cloudy a couple of days and sunny the rest of the time. No rain. Didn't need half the warm clothes we took. Needed a coat at Hubbard Glacier when watching from balcony. The rest of the time really didn't need anything but maybe a little jacket or sweatshirt on. It was Beautiful.

Ah, so late here in CA.

:confused: Tell me, why the concern ??? Rain is what makes the Great Northwest so incredibly fresh and green. It will not change or slow down most things, The cruise goes on, the towns don't change, most shore excursions go on - the greatest time of my life was in pouring down rain (the entire day) in Juneau and whale watching with Captain Larry. We saw so many whales and orcas and seals that Captain Larry said "it doesn't get any better than this." Just take layers and a rain coat with hood and you are set to go. I know that there are times that some of the "flying" excursions are cancelled, but that is a chance you have to take if you book one. Alaska is Awesome so enjoy. gg

Thanks everyone for your response.

I'm not that worry about extreme bad weather but I've just wanna be well prepared but not over-prepared :)

This is my first AK and cruise and I'm so exciting!

Anyone has online photo albums to share?:D

Archived