Cave tubing with an easily chilled 9-year-old?

KB'sMOM

I have to say that these boards are great and very helpful! We're traveling with a group of 18 (adults and kids) on the Carnival Valor in July, and the majority of the group have chosen to go cave tubing in Belize. My 9 yo daughter is very slim and tends to get cold very easily in chilly water. Would this be a bad idea for her? If so, does anyone have any other suggestions for our day in Belize? Any input would be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hola Mom,

You might consider getting her a wet suit. We purchased some for snorkeling because we vacation (cruise:D ) in the winter. Do a Google and you will see lots of sources. I know that it is extra expense and she will outgrow it in a short period of time, but this is one of the few places where you can cavetube. My catalog has them starting at $50.

Hola to you, too!

Great idea about the wet suit! Actually, she has a wet suit--a short sleeved, short pants one--and I had forgotten about it (here's hoping it still fits...). She's thinking that'll work, and I am, too, so I think we're gonna give it a go.

Thanks again! If anyone has any other opinions, offer them up :) !

Becaue you have to remember Belize is in the subtropical area and it tend to be hot over there. I went there couple of times already and the weather was always warm, moreover you have to do a joungle hike before you get to the actual river to do the tubing. So after that long walk you will welcome that cool water.:D

Becaue you have to remember Belize is in the subtropical area and it tend to be hot over there. I went there couple of times already and the weather was always warm, moreover you have to do a joungle hike before you get to the actual river to do the tubing. So after that long walk you will welcome that cool water.:D
True, so true. We tubed in January and they had an unusual cold front come through dipping the nitetime temps into the 50's. The water was a little cool. We had a slim Texan that shivered like scared chahuahua. I honestly can't tell you how warm the water is in the summer.

Archived