planning to go on the royal princess in 2007

seabourndt

Hi Dave,

We booked a cruise on the new Royal Princess while on Island Princess. We didn't know anything about the Royal, but we loved the itinerary we were shown. The Future Cruise Consultant didn't have any deck plans to show us. However, she told us that Princess was "gutting" the ship and taking out all minisuites. When we got home and checked out our cruise on Princess' website, sure enough there are no minisuites available. So, I guess we will just have to wait to see the deck plans. Hopefully, it will happen soon.

Fran

Fran - actually, this particular R ship didn't have any minisuites (this is how the ship was built). That is the difference between the Tahitian and Pacific Princess AND the new Royal. Princess isn't tearing out the minisuites - my guess is that they would have preferred for the ship to have minisuites. But since the ship didn't come with them, they are adjusting their categories accordingly.

If you want to look at the deck plans of the ship currently - here it is:

http://www.swanhellenic.com/deckplans.asp

We are booked on the Royal for B2B2B - total 48 days, Athens to Ft. Lauderdale, starting 11/4/07 and ending 12/22/07. No minisuites on this ship. Rumor has it that they may drydock it some time in 2008 and add minis, but until then we'll "suffer" with just a balcony. :D See Minerva schematic for deck plans.

Arlene

P.S. Hi Fran

I think it is one of those cases where some information on this board is more accurate than the Future Cruise Consultants. I once went to book the Star Princess onboard. The ship was still being built but my TA told me the ship had opened up. The future cruise deposits were brand new and I didn't know I could do an open booking so I planned to book the ship on my cruise. I told the guy (Drew - I can remember his name still) that I wanted to book the Star Princess and he looked at me and said "you can't book the Star Princess yet" and I said - yes you can and he insisted that it wasn't open. I just said "Can you look to see if it is available for April 22nd" and it was. He then tried to cover up that he said it wasn't available...

Princess probably will change some of the furnishings and add their Princess touch to the ship. That is probably what they mean "gutting".

Grandma, She is doing some great med cruises next year. On the Princess website choose the area of the world you are interested in and if she is there you can see the cruises that are available. We are signed up for the Nov. 07 Holy Land cruise from Athens to Venice with stops in Israel, Egypt, Greece, Croatia and Italy. I hope you see something you like.

There is a little gap in her schedule after she arrives back in FLL, which is probably when she will go into Dry Dock. After that starting Jan 3 or 7 (depending on who is providing the information) she will be sailing Fort Lauderdale to Manaus and reverse. I think these are 10 cruises. They should be opening soon for booking.

Yes Arlene, if we don't do one of the Royal Princess' Med. cruises next year, we will look at this one for 2008. I'm still working on my DH for next year, I'd love to do the cruise on the Royal Princess that stops in Malta. We're booked on the new Crown Princess for August 25 for this year.

Archived