Looking For Reasonable Motel In Galveston

razorbackred

Six of us adults will be cruising on the "Rhapsody Of The Seas" in September. I was wondering if anyone could point me to a reasonable motel at least a few miles from the terminal? We will need two rooms with no creepy crawlers. I don't know anything about Galveston so any help will be greatly appreciated. Also, is there anything around that would be in our interest to see? Thanks so much, I can't hardly wait to cruise again.

razorbackred

Go to Galveston.com and you should find all your info there. In January we stayed at the Holiday Inn On The Beach because they had where you could leave your car there for free all week, and they take you to the pier and pick you up. Next January we are staying at Holiday Inn Sunspree which is a newer hotel located on the east end of the island. They also have where you leave your car and take their shuttle to the pier. But anyway, go to Galveston.com and you can find everything there! Have fun on your cruise! :)

You didnt really say what reasonable was.......

we stayed at the Hilton on the waterfront for $100.00 and they also let us park our car for free for the week.

The historic district is pretty neat. Moody Gardens too.

Commodore on the Beach is clean, has good beds and will let you park free. They have a shuttle to the ship for $10 per person. We will be booking with them on our upcoming cruise in Jan 07. They also include a continental breakfast. I think the rates are $79 a night for two.

We've stayed at the Commodore twice and it was okay. It's right across the street from the beach. It's an older motel and it shows, but it was clean. All of the rooms have views of the beach.

We left our car there with no problems. There's a small restaurant next door and several others within walking distance. The motel serves a continental breakfast that is very basic.

We took a cab to the pier and it was $8.00+tip for the two of us (2004). The shuttle wasn't available then.

Keep in mind that if any of your group smokes, Commodore has now gone non-smoking.

Have a wonderful cruise!

As a family of five we drove down from Topeka on a Saturday and got a Motel 6 between Houston and Galveston. We then had a liesurely Sunday morning, drove into Galveston and parked at EZ.

That was inexpensive and hassle free. This time though I might check and see if it's more convenient and economical to get a hotel in Galveston that has free secure parking and a shuttle. Too bad the Harbor House is sold out the date we needed...a year out too!

Archived