Hampton Inn Airport - Ft. Lauderdale

KAWS

I can't believe how many of the hotels were booked for Mar. 10/07! And the ones that weren't cost a kings' ransom.

We booked at the Hampton Inn Airport and they said free shuttle to/from airport and to/from the pier. The cost was still pretty high though - $179 plus tax but it included breakfast the next day.

I haven't seen anything on this board about this hotel. Did I make a good choice or should I dump it and go elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Kim

I found reviews on TripAdvisor for two Hampton Inns Airport Fort Lauderdale - I wasn't sure from your post which one you booked -

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?where=body&returnTo=&geo=1&SearchTeaser=%28your+destination%2C+hotel+or+attraction%29&q=Hampton+Inn+Airport+Fort+Lauderdale&submit.x=39&submit.y=8

You might want to look at this as an alternative:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=348720

choicehotels.com shows availability March 10, 2007

I was pricing for 3 adults - didn't realize that a 17 yr. old was still considered a child at the hotel. It would be $170.99 as you say. The King would be great if it was just hubby and me. Don't think Jr. would be too happy about sleeping on the floor! LOL

That's only a difference of $9 from this and the Hampton Inn where we're booked. Unless there's a big reason to change from HI to SI then I guess we'll stay put.

Thanks for the info.

Kim

Hi Kim, We stayed at the Hamptom the night before our last cruise, we were very pleased with the service. Our flight to FLL arrived at 10:30am the shuttle service was great, they picked us up at the airport, after settling in at the hotel the shuttle driver took us to the intercoastal/ watertaxi so that we could sightsee/shop and picked us up again. On cruise day the shuttle took us to the ship, but what really impreesed us was after our cruise we had a early evening flight and the shuttle picked us up at the ship took us to the hotel to use the pool and internet and on to the airport all without charge, we of course tipped the driver. The rooms at the Hampton were nice, good breakfast. We travel with our kids and MIL so for the 5 of us taxis are quite expensive the shuttle was a big money saver for us! We thought the service was terrific. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Archived