adventure ocean program

Kixx - I'm on the same cruise as you next Aug. 2007, just wondering what your childs needs are. I have a (now) 12 yr old w/PDD. Next year he'll be 13. I'm worried about that age group next year, he likes structure and I know that group isn't like that. This Aug. I'm going to try and keep him w/the 9-11 group.

DPurcell - we are going on the Explorer at the end of June and my DD is also ADHD/PDD (she is 12). I will try to keep her in the 9-11 group as it has stracture and planned activities, which we can go over before hand and she can decide whether she'd like to participate. She is very immature and the older group will not work for her.

I will post how it worked out when we come back.

DPurcell... I believe I PMd you awhile back about this. Nice to meet someone in a similar boat (so to speak ;) ). My son just turned 13 so will be 14 at sailing time. ... Now I can't find where I did it! Maybe I'm going nuts... will look again!

OK, no luck there... guess I just WANTED to PM you :confused: please email me at just4kixx@gmail.com and I will fill you in! Thanks~!

A~

Lucygirl, that would be great if you could let me know how it worked out. Last year we let him sign himself out at night and we usually had a mtg spot in the Promenade. I worked out ok, he wanted to do it cause the other kids were. This summer he'll be 12, but like you said with your DD, I know he would not be mature enough to just "hang out". So I'll try like you to keep him with the 9-11, don't know what will happen next year.

On the Radiance, after I signed my 4 year old son in, I questioned the counselor "don't I receive a beeper" her response was they normally only provide beepers for 3 year olds however if I really wanted one she will give it to me. Their was also a form you needed to sign regarding if you don't return the beeper, a $100.00 charge will apply to your seapass account.

Archived