Need info for Sensation Cruise

bellaa

We are cruising on the Sensation next month. My son is 13 and my daughter is 9. What kind of clothes do I need to bring for them for meal times? Does anyone have any great tips for our cruise? We haven't cruised in years. :eek:

thanks

bella

You will need to bring "proper" clothes for the dining room (if you plan to eat there), there is also a formal night... just make sure they wear what you would have them wear to a nice restaurant (shorts, ratty jeans or t-shirts, etc...) If you stay on the boards, you will come up with alot of great tips... you can read through the posts and come up with many things you probably would not have thought of. I loved the Sensation and will be sailing her again in October... I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did. Our pictures are posted below and you can find my review here http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=1628

Have a great time!

there is also a formal night... just make sure they wear what you would have them wear to a nice restaurant (shorts, ratty jeans or t-shirts, etc...)

That's a JOKE, right?

Hi Bella. Welcome to the board. If your children eat in the dining room for the evening meal, they should wear clothes similiar to what they would wear to church or a wedding - no jeans, etc. (However, if y'all choose to have dinner in the Lido buffet area, shorts & tees are fine.)

I think the above poster hit the wrong keys or something???:eek:

Bella: imagine taking your kids to a big wedding. Let them wear to dinner what they would to that wedding. The Sensation was our first and best cruise. Make sure you try out the Strawberry soup. We ordered something new every night for the table. Everyone would take a taste and pass it around. Thats how we tried the Strawberry and pumkin soups.

There will be a teen meeting the first night. Its important that your kids go here. This is where the kids all meet up with other kids their age. First seating for dinner is a must only because the teen clubs close at the first dinner and by the time second seating is done the kids club charges a fee. At least with 1st seating the kids can get some thing out of the kids club.

Thanks for the tips....let me ask another question. When asked my son, who is a picky eater anyway, said that he didn't want to go to a "fancy dinner". he can grab a bite elsewhere, like pizza and head to the teen club, can't he? Then he wouldn't need a lot of dressy clothes anyway. He hates to dress up and hates a big sit down dinner. Couldn't he do that a few nights if he wanted to? We opted for the later dinner, so that would keep him occupied while we ate.

Also, do they put wrist bands on the kids and give you beepers like they do on the Disney Cruises? Would it be smart to bring those little walkie talkies if they don't?

Ok, one last question for now... Are kids invited to the Captain's party/dinner thing?

Sorry for so many questions, I am excited and want to be prepared.

bella

Whoops! I mean NO shorts, etc.... I'm outside my head today.... but it was rather funny and could get a pretty good thread going! LOL!

It WAS funny, and I really did know what you meant!:D :D :D Just having a little fun with ya.

Thanks for keeping me on my toes Cotton!!! :D I need it today!!!

Bella, I am sure kids can go... BUT, there were VERY few in ours and I will say thank goodness... no offense, but 1) I really don't think the kids would enjoy it and 2) it really acts as a safe-haven for adults to get away from the kids... but since they have it prior to dinner on formal night, some do bring their children.... just my little ole .02 :D

I doubt my children will want to come, I just wanted to make sure they didnt have to, so that's great. And now I have another question.... how many dressy, or somewhat dressy things should we bring?

bella

He can eat pizza which he can get 24 hours a day. Or he can eat at the Buffet.

Late seating would help you but remember after 10pm you pay for that time so if he is in the club he better get out by then..lol

Your 9 year old can sign herself in and out of the kids club. So you may want to take precaution there. example is having a highlighter and marking your capers where you are gonna be duing the day--that way if she leaves the kids club she will know wher to find you. Beepers are for the very young..3-5 year olds. Sorry.

Getting dressed for formal night wont kill your son. He will missing out on a great opportunity. Its a very nice experience and you can go around to various photographers and get a family portrait done for less then what it would cost at home. On our Sensation we went to EVERY single photgrapher (and there were lots of backgrounds to choice from) Had some great pictures taking that we had a very hard time deciding which one to get.

Archived