Divi Little Bay

I'm interested in knowing a few things about Divi Little Bay. Is this a private resort? Do they charge a fee? Where do you catch the ferry? Is the beach clean? Is the beach crowded? I'd love to hear anyone that has spent the day there. Last year we went to Orient Beach and would love to try something different on this trip. Thanks for any advice.

Hi BasketLady,

I can probably help you with those questions since I live in St.Maarten. Yes, DIVI Little Bay is a private resort owned and operated by a parent company (DIVI) from North Carolina and they also own several resorts all around in the Caribbean. If you want to just visit the resort in order to use their beach, you can do so for free, however, if you want to use beach chairs, you have to pay for their rental (not sure how much but probably around $10 per chair -- just a guess). In order to get to DIVI, you don't need to take a ferry. There are no ferries that can take you to DIVI. You have to take a taxi there and they shouldn't charge you much since DIVI is only about 10 minutes away from the cruise ship pier. The beach is absolutely clean and beautiful with a nice view of the hills in the distance. Crowd - not very loud or too crowded, just perfect I think. Since it is a resort area, there are mainly hotel guests there and the beach usually has a decent number of people with no huge crowds. There are also 2 swimming pools only to be used by resort guests but since you will look like tourists, you might get away with using it. I doubt that anyone will tell you not to swim in the pool. Both pool areas have bars and snacks (sandwiches, salads, wraps etc. at reasonable prices though the frozen drinks are about $5 a pop.

Hope this helps!

Enjoy your visit.

Archived