Houston flights, how early is too early?

mipo777

Taking that Rhapsody in August & looking @ booking the plane tix soon, my question is when is the earliest I can get off the boat? I see AA has an 11:18 flight leaving Hobby on Sun morning. If I have a limo waiting & do the early checkout is this feasible to make. I really could use some advice from anyone with experience. THanks!

It's possible, but not probable. When I sailed the Rhapsody in December, we were one of the 1st off the ship, had a car waiting, and were to Hobby airport by 9am. We ended up going on an earlier flight than we had originally booked. But if there had been any delays at all we wouldn't have made that earlier flight. Hobby is about an hour from the port. I wouldn't book anything earlier than noon.

It all depends when the Rhapsody is cleared to start the customs process. I am a limo driver and I've seen people get off as early to 7:00am and as late as early afternoon. With early check-out it is feasable to make that 11:18am flight, but I agree that anything before noon is taking a chance. Some Sundays are really busy at Hobby and with the extra security measures it takes longer to go through check-in.

Both times I was on the Rhapsody I was home in Houston BEFORE noon and I DID NOT have early check-out.

Archived