How I got spouse on cruise?

OuiOnboard

DW and I have a deal. Whoever sets up the travel/accomodation plans and implements them gets veto power.....soooooo...I just go ahead and make the arrangements....by cruise time, she is more than ready to go!!!

Ain't life grand!!!!

Now the truth...we make plans together and she always has veto power, but my strategy worked the first few cruises and she got hooked.

Now she is involved in planning, she thinks she has veto power, but because she's hooked on cruising, I make the arrangements and we are both more than ready to go!!! Body English does it!! :D

..............C'est si bon!!!....Oui

Funny, but I have never had a problem getting my wife to go on a cruise....

Me either...:D

The problem I have is quite the opposite,

and, that is getting her OFF the ship after the cruise

is over.

On our first cruise last May, we ended up in Italy, and,

she found out alot of people were doing B2B's.

The GALAXY was departing a few hours later

for the Greek Isles and, Turkey. But, not us.. :mad:

So, the deal now is she always wants to do B2B's, and,

before we dis-embark from the current cruise,

I must have new cruises booked aboard ship,

with the Cruise Sales Manager, for the next time. :D

(That way we are sure to get

our $200 shipboard credits. ;) )

My husband actually booked our first 4 cruises. He didn't realize he was creating a monster.

When he booked us on a 13 night Mediterranean cruise I almost passed out.

Now I do all the research and I'm the one on the internet and I book the cruises. I tell him about it when it's time for him to put in his vacation!!!!

When DH & I first started traveling together, we had such opposite opinions about what makes a good vacation that we actually had to take turns The deal was the person whose turn it was to choose had to make all the plans and pay for the whole trip--the other person's only obligation was to SMILE... no matter what happened! One of DH's choices was a 3-week drive across Canada in an RV, stopping to fish at every stream along the way. My idea was a week in London, shopping all day & seeing a different play every night.

On every vacation somebody was having a ball while the other person was biting his/her tongue...then we discovered cruising! That was 25 cruises ago, and we have rarely been on a land vacation since. Needless to say, neither of us has any trouble convincing the other (or DD's) to go on a cruise...and nobody has suffered a bitten tongue since!

I just keep convincing my DH cruising is such a bargain we are actually saving money. He falls for it every time. This last time I held a cabin at the lowest rate, when it went up he was ready to book 11 night Mediterranean. Our cabin had gone up $300 in a week and we got an upgrade. WHo can pass that up?

I've always dreamed of going on a cruise - never ever thought I would be able to - but life's worked out OK - and we can - at least once anyway

(Aug. 07 - Alaska:) ). But I never thought for a minute my DH would go for it, until he told me he heard from some guys at his office that went on cruises- they didn't want to either - but they ended up loving them !!

So , I started doing some research - and when I suggested Alaska - complete with salmon/sport fishing - he was hooked (pardon the pun - that wasn't planned ! ) He loves fishing, fly fishing - he can go for hours (I can't stand it myself but that's OK as long as I get a cruise - any cruise - somewhere - anywhere !!!! )

Anyway, my husband hates small hotel rooms, and I was worried about how he would like being on a ship - so I presented him with all the options, and since a balcony isn't top of the list of requirements in Alaska, he went for a suite (CS) to have the extra space. I couldn't be happier ! :) and I am really excited - but next August seems a long way off right now.

( we will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary, his first year of retirement, and my 50th birthday ! )

Anyway, my husband hates small hotel rooms, and I was worried about how he would like being on a ship - so I presented him with all the options, and since a balcony isn't top of the list of requirements in Alaska, he went for a suite (CS) to have the extra space. I couldn't be happier ! :) and I am really excited - but next August seems a long way off right now.

( we will be celebrating our 24th wedding anniversary, his first year of retirement, and my 50th birthday ! )

The CS is my favorite catergory of cabin. Summit 6104 was a great room. With the floor to ceiling windows, it will be great in Alaska. Enjoy

It took my wife 5 years to get me on my first cruise. She was an experienced cruiser when we ment. As we got older and the prices of cruises came down, I ran out of arguments.

Now I'm hooked

I could turn your story around. My husband had been on a couple of cruises before we met and tried to talk me into it for our honeymoon. We were married 12 years before our first cruise, that was in 1998, we've been on 10 since. I've booked every one of them!

...My husband had been on a couple of cruises before we met and tried to talk me into it for our honeymoon. We were married 12 years before our first cruise, that was in 1998, we've been on 10 since. I've booked every one of them!

That's my point....not everyone who hasn't been on a cruise jumps at the chance to go. Some have heard terrorizing stories....some watched Poseidon Adventure too many times...some really like land based holidays...some are overly fearful of seasickness...it takes all kinds.

Seems like you are glad your man persevered...and look at YOU NOW!!! :D

Oh, I had no fear and happen to like disaster movies, I take it for what it's worth, entertainment and not reality. I just didn't realize how nice a vacation it was until I went on my first cruise :). My only response to him in those years were, yeah, someday!

Archived