Taxis from Heathrow to Harwich

Four of us booked a taxi from Starling's Garage in Harwich, England to meet us at Heathrow airport on June 11 and then drive to Harwich. No taxi met us and when we were finally able to contact the company they could not offer a reason why they didn't show up even though we had reconfirmed two days earlier.

I suggest other companies can give better service.

Jaqueline, we tried to get another taxi. A driver waiting for his fare called his company and they were to send a taxi for us but it never came.

So we took the Picadilley (sic) underground line to Liverpool Station and then took the railroad to Harwich. Seems simple but when we had to change underground lines in London the line we needed was shut down because of a threat. So back on the first line to another station and finally got to Liverpool Station. The railroad required a change in Morningstar and when we got to Harwich there were no taxis and the only phone we found wasn't working. Finally I saw a taxi go by and I flaged him down. He called his office to dispatch a taxi and we finally got to our hotel. We landed in London at 11:45 and got to the hotel at 7 pm. We had ben cautious and planed for such a problem by arriving the day before the ship sailed. We even saved a few dollars.

The rate for a local London taxi was too much so we did the above. It could have been worse. I am a very hyper person but being with another couple who we had just met calmed me down quite a bit.

Archived