Holiday

Joal

Has anyone here been on Carnival's Holiday ship? My wife and I are considering booking on this ship on its December 30 sailing out of Mobile Alabama. We have never been on Carnival, and would appreciate any opinion.

:) Oh, Joal, have you come to the right place! I've cruised on the Holiday three times, and loved every minute. She's an older ship (actually the oldest in Carnival's fleet!), but she's kept in good repair, was in drydock last December. I understand she's lookin' really spiffy now, with new white duvets on the beds and new carpeting in the cabins.

The crew and staff are friendly and helpful, the meals are wonderful, and the cleaning crew is constantly polishing brass. Lots of friendly folks working on that ship. I can't vouch for the food on the Lido Buffet, because I have all three meals each day in the dining room. Just something about being pampered, y'know?

The two production shows are gonna knock your socks off! One is "Shout!" - back to the 50s type show, and other is "Fuego del Caribe!", glitzy Vegasy-type show.

My son and some friends will be going on the Holiday in early November, due to mama's recommendation.

Any specific questions?

My family and I went on the Holiday in February. It's an old ship but we got a good price and enjoyed it. It doesn't have all the luxuries of a new ship, but does have good shows and the dining room food was good. They keep the ship very clean and the rooms were very well kept. Hope this helps.

Yes its small and old but it seems to make the atmosphere great. Me and my family sailed on the Holiday out of Mobile when they were there for the trail period. We have sailed the bigger ships twice since, and I would say the Holiday so far is my most enjoyable.

My wife and I took our first cruise this spring on the Holiday out of NO. Within 2 weeks of getting back we were shopping for another cruise. Needless to say we were favorably impressed:D . Hope you enjoy it as much.

It's been 10 years since I sailed the Holiday, but it was the cruise and ship that got me hooked on cruising! I loved it then, and from the previous posts, it looks like people are still enjoying it. I'm glad to hear it's been kept in good condition. I wouldn't mind sailing her again one day. Enjoy!

The Holiday was my first ship as well! Because of this, I'm hoping to sail her again someday - I'm a softie, what can I say ;) .

I can't vouch for recent conditions since it's been 4 years since I've sailed on her, but as long as you realize that the "smaller" ships just don't have everything the mega-ships have, you'll be fine and have a great time!

Add me to the list of people who sailed on the Holiday for their very first cruise...that was way back in 1989:eek: ...we sailed her out of Miami and I didnt really want to cruise, but it was a present from my ex gf...i fell in love with cruising while on the Holiday...I plan to sail her again someday just for the nostalgia...great ship!!!

Archived