Excursion with 81 yo mother

RobinBlackbird

I will be taking my mother, age 81, on her first cruise in July. We are taking the 5 day Bermuda cruise on RC Grandeur out of Baltimore and will be in Kings Wharf for 2 days. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good excursion to take her on? She gets around very well. What do you think of the Restless Native catamaran? I'd like to have a chance to do some snorkeling, but she won't want to swim or snorkel, but would probably enjoy a sailing experience.

If your Mom is like mine was, she can walk and work circles around you. I cruised with Mom 10 diffrent times and we had a ball. She loved seeing new places. Why don't you get a list of the ships tours and let her look it over and decide? Mom always liked to do an island tour, maybe a private one in a taxi? Enjoy your time together it is way too short. Vicki

I agree with the suggestion for a private tour in a taxi --- that way you two can stay as long as you like at various places but avoid waiting for everyone else in the bus to arrive.It will also be much easier to get in and out. A good guide book like Fodor's will let you decide in advance what sounds interesting -- but Bermuda is so lovely that the ride itself will be an attraction. There should be plenty of taxis waiting near the ship, i think the rate is about $36/hr (taxis in Bermuda are very expensive all the time!!). Catamarans are usually a little bouncy and a little hard to walk on --- only you can judge how your Mom would like that.

Archived