Dawn Princess opinions & info

zimmerjulie

Hello, Brian.

Puhleeezzz don't hate Mike & I for switching from traditional dining on the Dawn. We've been doing research on the various ports of call and definitely want to try a few land-based restaurants on this itinerary. Traditional dining options on our voyage are already waitlisted, and we thought it best to allow others this choice knowing full well that we would likely default on early seating a few times during the 11-night cruise.

Hope all is well with you, my friend. We were in D.C. for four days last week and are still trying to catch up. Will email you soon.

Chris

Now how could I ever hate you? I’m sure you’ll be fine with Anytime Dining and especially if you’re looking to try restaurants on shore – it will work out fine for you. Look forward to your email!

Hi there,

Haven't sailed this ship YET - leaving July 22 on her for Alaska so I'll be sure to give you my opinion when I get back. Reassuring to hear so many wonderful things about her and we'll be sure to check out LaScala!

Take care.

Maryjo:)

Thank you so much everyone!

I wrote a long response last Friday, and I thought it posted, but I don't see it now.

The Dawn really sounds lovely. An aft pool with ocean views is one of my favorite places on a ship! And a forward pool to soak the tired tootsies while looking at the stars...sounds wonderful!

I love to hear people talk about their favorite ships. They are more than just steel and furnishings, aren't they! It's good to talk to people who understand these things!:D

Oh, I remember one of the questions I asked in that lost post.

Re: missing Skywalkers on the Sapphire.

Skywalkers does have such a lovely view, and it's where everyone goes when everything else shuts down. Is there a place like that on the Dawn where the night owls gather? As you can tell from my dessert, star-gazing, and night-owl focus, the nights are my favorite part of a cruise. (Followed by the afternoons and mornings a close second and third:D ).

Again, thanks much!

I love to hear people talk about their favorite ships. They are more than just steel and furnishings, aren't they! It's good to talk to people who understand these things!:D

Yes indeed. One of the reasons I love Regal Princess so much is because she’s got a certain personality that permeates the ship and the crew. Dawn Princess was much the same for me – a very happy, proud lady she is. I'm looking forward to her continued stay in the San Francisco area - hmmm - maybe another trip to Alaska is in order in 2007...

Archived