changing mind about X air

nsshel

We booked X air for our TA cruise in late Oct. We have about changed our minds and think maybe we will book it ourselves. Will X let you cancel air without a penalty? We have over four months before leaving. Anyone know? What about the cost of a taxi from the airport to the ship in Barcelona? Thanks all.

We have never used Celebrity air yet, but for our Med cruise we have tentatively booked air thru Celebrity as insurance in case we cannot get a better arrangement ourselves independently. Our TA tells us that we can drop the Celebrity air without penalty--presumably as long as it is done before final payment is due.

I was wondering about that myself. I have booked through Celebrity Air and I am a bit apprehensive about whether I can cancel if I find something I like better and I know will get me into Rome in plenty of time to catch the ship. I keep telling myself that booking through X will give me a guarantee to make it with no difficulties despite delays at airports.

Not sure what to do at this point, I am coming up on my final payment due date.

:confused: :(

This is my first cruise so I am a bit nervous and posters are doing their best to quell my fears.;)

We booked X air for our TA cruise in late Oct. We have about changed our minds and think maybe we will book it ourselves. Will X let you cancel air without a penalty? We have over four months before leaving.

We use X-air as backup on booking and make final decision near to final payment deadline. Have never heard of problem dropping X-air at final payment point. Before final payment, consider CUSTOM X-air to pick the carrier, exact flights, connections, fit in extra days on own that you want. Have your TA get price quotes for the extra charge on custom air with cruiseline to help compare to separate air. Our customizations have not cost too much extra. Good Luck

I have booked through Celebrity Air and I am a bit apprehensive about whether I can cancel if I find something I like better and I know will get me into Rome in plenty of time to catch the ship. I keep telling myself that booking through X will give me a guarantee to make it with no difficulties despite delays at airports.

Just back from Rome in late May. Did 'custom-X air" to get preferred nonstop flights, allow extra time in Rome, for only $40 pp add-on and got transfers to airport included in X-air charge. They sell ship/airport transfer for $85 pp separately if own air if you're traveling in the same day as sailing. There is train but who wants to schlepp alot of luggage on trains - you're on vacation.

You can definitely cancel the air portion as long as it is before final payment. One note of caution: with all the pod problems we have started using Celebrity air exclusively. We were caught once having booked non-refundable air and ended up taking an RCI trip we wouldn't normally have taken.

You can definitely cancel the air portion as long as it is before final payment. One note of caution: with all the pod problems we have started using Celebrity air exclusively. We were caught once having booked non-refundable air and ended up taking an RCI trip we wouldn't normally have

taken.

Same thing happened to us as a result of the pods.. We booked our own air to catch an Infinity cruise which was cancelled a week prior to sailing. We had to eat the flight. 10 years ago Pacific Princess was impounded when crew members were caught selling drugs in Athens. The whole cruise was cancelled.. and pax left standing...

I truly appreciate the info given here!:) I will call my TA and see if they can change the flights to suit me for a reasonable charge. They had said something about having to pay whatever the diff. is which I think is in the thousands. Do I just tell them that I want to do X custom air?

I had found a flight that I thought gave us a good buffer of 6 hours before departure. Nothing worse than being rushed in a foreign country where you don't know the language or the airport.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the info. given to me. It turns out that my TA has a guarantee that I will arrive within 5hrs of departure...minimum. So, I suppose there should be no worries:o

Thanks again!

Archived