Anyone recently back?

Dreamin

I've read on these boards that the pier owner in Costa Maya is making it difficult to leave his developed area and walk down the beach to Majahual. They have fenced in the area and there are now guards being posted?!? I also have read that this is illegal. Has anyone been here recently and encountered this? I don't want to end up in a Mexican jail and miss the rest of our cruise! Please help.

The illegal activity you saw mentioned was building the wall. ALL beaches in Mexico are publicly owned. Resorts and such are allowed to charge a fee for loungers and such but anyone can use any part of the beach they choose.

As for walking it's a long walk to the fishing village. I would take a cab or the bus.

C

Get a golf cart and go on your own. I sent my brother over to Chac Chi and he was very upset when the restaraunt/bar was closed and the only thing on the beach was a mangy dog. We went all the way as far as you can go by Golf Cart to Susie's place and had the best day of our cruise. As far as the police, no worries. we sat with them for a couple of hours drinking beer, all of us!

We were in Costa Maya last week. We had no problems just walking out of the pier area. We did not see any armed guards. We paid $3 each to go into town. They have white vans that shuttle you to Mahahual. We met our tour in Mahahual (ruins tour with David and Ivan), and they dropped us off at the pier area afterwards. I do remember a guard checking our cruise cards as we returned.

Archived