Salmon Bake?

jlw78

We will be cruising Alaska on the Vision in late July. We would really like to do a salmon bake. Does anyone have any suggestions where to do this at? We will be visiting Juneau, Skagway, & Icy Strait Point.

Gold Creek salmon bake out of Juneau runs a continous loop bus from the dock, purchase tickets at the booth. There also is Thane Ore House resturant if you want something a little less "volume". Reserve ahead and they will shuttle you back and forth.

Gold Creek salmon bake out of Juneau runs a continous loop bus from the dock, purchase tickets at the booth. There also is Thane Ore House resturant if you want something a little less "volume". Reserve ahead and they will shuttle you back and forth.

Is the salmon bake one of those "must do" events, like going to a luau in Hawaii? I've been back and forth on it. My only hesitation is paying for a big meal when I've got all that "free food" on the ship. But if it's worth it -- that is, something we should do on possibly our only trip to Alaska -- then I'd love to do it. Thanks! :)

IF you want some fantastic salmon that you can get nowhere else, and certainly not on your ship. Consider going to a salmon bake. If this doesn't matter to you, then skip it.

But also look at it this way. I don't know about you. But frequently eating out at home is costly, most always over $50 for me, and I don't bat an eye. :) So for another $15-20, which is insignificant compared to your traveling costs- so what if it isn't a "once in a lifefime" experience. Sometimes just trying something unique is great.

BQ--Would you recommend one over another??

IF you want some fantastic salmon that you can get nowhere else, and certainly not on your ship. Consider going to a salmon bake. If this doesn't matter to you, then skip it.

But also look at it this way. I don't know about you. But frequently eating out at home is costly, most always over $50 for me, and I don't bat an eye. :) So for another $15-20, which is insignificant compared to your traveling costs- so what if it isn't a "once in a lifefime" experience. Sometimes just trying something unique is great.

It isn't so much the money; I just don't like to waste money on "touristy" activities only to find out that it wasn't worth it (as was the case with the luau we attended in Honolulu. :rolleyes: ) Since that's not the case with the salmon bake, I think we'll do it! Thanks so much! :)

Archived