Pt. Canaveral - Valet Only?

cvrap

Can someone point me to a thread on the parking here? We're sailing the Fantasy. We've been on Sovereign twice and just got out our luggage and then self-parked. Is this possible on the Fantasy or do you have to valet? My husband thought he saw where it was valet only. thanks

Can someone point me to a thread on the parking here? We're sailing the Fantasy. We've been on Sovereign twice and just got out our luggage and then self-parked. Is this possible on the Fantasy or do you have to valet? My husband thought he saw where it was valet only. thanks

We just sailed on the Fantasy last week; we arrived at the terminal around 12:15, quickly unloaded our luggage with the porter, then drove right into the parking lot (after paying our $60, of course) and self-parked right up near the front. However, when we were leaving on Saturday, I did notice an area near the front gate with a sign that said 'complementary valet parking'...it wasn't there when we first arrived, though. :confused:

Interestingly, I don't see anything about valet parking on the port's web site in the parking info area(http://www.portcanaveral.org/portinfo/directions.htm#parking); however there's a blurb in their press release section regarding the selection of a company that will provide valet parking (http://www.portcanaveral.org/news/press/030806.htm); guess they haven't updated the web site yet.

Have a great cruise!

valet parking only applies to the fantasy. if you are going on the 4 day cruise leaving thurs. you will be leaving from terminal 10 and returning monday to terminal 5 so they will have valet parking. if you are going on the 5 day cruise leaving on sat. you wil be leaving from terminal 5 and returning thurs to teminal 10. and they wil have valet parking for that sailing. the only fantasy sailing that does not use valet parking is the 5 day that leaves from teminal 5 on monday and returns sat. to the same terminal.

We are leaving on Thursday. So I guess you do have to valet since you are returning to a different terminal. I guess it would be a long, long walk back to that first terminal. Is this right?

, I did notice an area near the front gate with a sign that said 'complementary valet parking'...it wasn't there when we first arrived, though. :confused:

Is the valet really complimentary? - or is it $12.00 / day but someone does the parking for you? I am on the same sailing as cvrap - and would appreciate anyone who can answer this.

Archived