Help

jimgib

can anyone offer me some help/advice. some 2 years ago after a not perfect QM2 cruise I was given a $6000 cruise voucher to be used by june 25th 2006, I have tried 3 times to use it each time i have just got frustrated and booked a cruise with another company.

As it runs out next week i wish to book something with it, i have been told by cunard its all ok provide its booked by 25 june. My problem is I cant get cunard to take the booking in that I am not a US resident I am being tolsd I have to book thru UK, when I speak to UK they say they cant take it as its in US$ and I have to book thru US. It is a crazy situation as I said I have tried 3 times before and just gave up , however as I now only have a few days to book the situation is more desperate. I have tried to ask the US and UK cunards to comunicate but they each say the other one can sort it for me.

It is somewhat ironic that they give out credits to try and say sorry and retain you as a client then make it so difficult to use it causes imence frustration and bad will.

maybe it just shows things with cunard are just as bad! probably safer not to go on a cruise.

regards

a very confused

JimGib

Hi Jim - I'm pleased to see someone from Gib on these forums - Gib is a place that I'm particularly fond of:)

Bland's used to run a Cruise Club - have you tried asking them to help you with the voucher? Alternatively you could try contacting an American travel agent - there are some that can book non US passengers onto Cunard. Look on this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=356370 to get an idea of how I got T/A's info.

If the voucher has to be used directly with Cunard then it should say how to redeem it (note my use of the word "should"). I'd try Cunard UK again - tell them that they MUST sort it out (it might work, you never know!)

Good luck:)

I have an excellent TA in california who books all my cruises, but she has tried and hits the same problem as I have had trying to go direct. I have just re read how to book your cruise on the back of the voucher it just says call cunard or get your TA to call cunard tell them you have a voucher and book your cruise. Everyone is very helpful on the phone but no one will take responsibility and book it for me. It boils down to the same answer from both offices which is " BOOK IT WITH THE OTHER OFFICE"

pleased you like Gib we obviously love it! Blands never had much luck with them and often quote near on brouchure price, still maybe a thought.

Thanks

JimGib

Oh boy, I know what you are going through.

Now, you'll have to follow the link which was provided to another thread because those are the rules.....

I can escalate your problem at Cunard at minimum to the Vice President level.

which link? do you have a VP contact at Cunard? that will respond to clients problems, like so many companies no one wants to do anything . they all think leave it to someone else, the ones who suffer are the very ones they should be helping ie the ones paying the cash

THE CUSTOMER.

Thanks

JimGib

which link? do you have a VP contact at Cunard? that will respond to clients problems, like so many companies no one wants to do anything . they all think leave it to someone else, the ones who suffer are the very ones they should be helping ie the ones paying the cash

THE CUSTOMER.

Thanks

JimGib

Jim - you can try to contact Babette (author of the previous post) by contacting her username at AOL - Any problems email me at mrkpnh (at) dsl (dot) pipex (dot) com.

My other thoughts would be to call Cunard World Club. You are a member if you have sailed before, and your member number is on any promo literature you get in the mail. Call the Cunard booking number In the US it would be 1-800-7CUNARD, but I don't have the British number handy) and ask for the World Club Desk.

Or perhaps having your lawyer/attorney/solicitor call Cunard corporate office might get someone off their duff to take "ownership" (as we say in American business these days) of this issue.

ocngypz is probably a GREAT resource. She is a very experienced travel professional. (Wow, pnhmrk! I didn't know she actually had a real name! Now you've gone and done it! You've spilt the beans!<G> ) (Hi, Babette- cool name! I love anything French! Sailed with a lovely French lady who we met at the Captain's table this year. She has resided siince her uncle helped the family escape during the war years, in New Jersey. Actually, I believe she is Swedish, but was living in France.)

By the way, is your contact info on your profile? i did not look. (in case anyone wanted to contact you, you know!)

Good luck and let us know how you did with any or all of these suggestions!

Karie,

Who hates businesses that give you incentives (such as frequent flyer miles) that they make it impossible for you to use!

Thanks for the ideas, I will impliment tomorrow. I will also post how things go!

Thanks pnhmrk noted email may ask u advice on QE2 as I have noted some of your other posts and you sound as if you know whats going on. I have only done the 1 cunard before, but have done many many cruises with other lines.

thanks everyone

regards

JimGib

I will also post how things go!

I look forward to hearing - good luck:)

Thanks pnhmrk noted email may ask u advice on QE2 as I have noted some of your other posts and you sound as if you know whats going on.

I'm pleased that I sound that way!:eek: Remember the QE2 isn't like a cruise ship - if you expect the same standards of accommodation, decoration, public rooms, etc that you get on a modern cruise ship you'll be disappointed. Think Savoy Grill before Gordon Ramsay/Marcus Wareing and you won't be far off.

If I can provide any help please feel free to ask.

Unfortunately, this is a revenue issue which calls for heavy artillery.

The call center in CA is a very strange place. You have to move heaven and h*** to get escalated.

I just by-pass the line.

have been on the phone to uk for most of the morning, eventually they have taken a booking for me.

I had to explain to them its their problem how they sort the internal paperwork out not mine, I actually found a guy who agreed itb was their problem.

anyway now booked on QE2 29 july in a Q2 number 8184, never been on QE2 so any tips or comments on cabin would be appreciated.

thanks for all your help

regards JimGib

"Remember the QE2 isn't like a cruise ship - if you expect the same standards of accommodation, decoration, public rooms, etc that you get on a modern cruise ship you'll be disappointed. Think Savoy Grill before Gordon Ramsay/Marcus Wareing and you won't be far off."

That's exactly why my wife and i booked the Mediterranean cruise this August - and we vertainly won't be returning to the Savoy Grill having experienced Marcus Waring's version

Archived