Gala Buffet???

REGINA

My son and daughter-in-law just came back from their first cruise yesterday. They were on the Triumph.

We told them not to miss the Gala Buffet. They said there wasn't one. Has Carnival stopped that. We haven't been on one in two years so maybe they have.

Thanks

DH & I just got off a 4-day Halifax on the Victory. No grand buffet, we were told there was a misprint in the carnival capers - apparently, the itinerary for the day called for "picture taking" of the buffet around 11:00 p.m. (and of course half of the people on the ship assumed the grand buffet was at midnight). Lots of disappointed people eating pizza and burgers at midnight rather than eating at the grand buffet that never was.

We just returned from the Ecstasy yesterday and we did have a midnight Gala buffet. They allowed a preview starting at 11:15 I think and we all went and took pictures. It was amazing---several ice sculptures, things carved from cheese, etc.

Our Triumph thanksgiving cruise had the Gala buffet on the second forma night. You started a preview after 11pm, it took about 40 minutes to walk through the slow line, take pictures... breathtaking!. Then about midnight you could re-line up and start sampling!.

If they were busy having fun, they might have missed the announcements, in addition, it's only a one liner in the capers. So it could easily be missed if youre on deck 5 and not on the lido deck around that time. At night, unless it's a deck party, nothing goes on on the Lido deck, and I guess that's why they missed it.

This is usually the day the have the ice sculpting out on the lido deck durring the day, the sculpture is one of those used for the buffet at night. Hope this might help others remember.

Archived