Flying From Lansing, MI

We are able to get good prices and seats available flying from Lansing, Michigan, to San Juan. We would have to stay overnight in Lansing prior to the flight. Does anyone know of the best hotel to stay for such a purpose -- i.e., proximity to airport, being able to leave your car there for a week, airport shuttle service? Will post this on the Princess and Celebrity boards as well.

Greetings!! I live about a half a mile from the airport. I'm sure that you've already been there, but here is the link for Capital City which has a lot of good information: www.flylansing.com (there is a good link to area hotels as well) Although the closest hotels would probably be in Dewitt (Amerihost and Sleep Inn) which is only about a 10 minute ride tops, your best bet would be West Lansing. There is a group of several hotels (Holiday Inn, Best Western, Fairfield, Residence Inn, Hampton, etc.) which are all right next to each other and near many restaurants. They are right by I-69 and most have shuttle service to the airport - not sure about parking for the week, however. If you decide to park at the airport, the maximum for the week is $35, though. (the airport is about 15-20 minutes away).

If you have never been to Capital City, it is a nice, smaller airport which is very easy to fly in and out of.

Enjoy your trip!! :D

Archived