Flying from Lansing, MI

CruiserTK

We are able to get good prices and seats available flying from Lansing, Michigan, to San Juan. We would have to stay overnight in Lansing prior to the flight. Does anyone know of the best hotel to stay for such a purpose -- i.e., proximity to airport, being able to leave your car there for a week, airport shuttle service? Will post this on the RCCL and Celebrity boards as well.

We were living for a while in Lansing while my DH went to school. I can't think of any hotels that are right at the airport as it was a very small place kind of middle of nowhere but there are some about 10 mins or so away in West Lansing - like the Holiday Inn, Quality Inn & Suites, and a bunch others - the ones in West Lansing will be cheaper than in East lansing area.

We would leave our car at the Lansing airport when flying back to NY for long weekends.

We mostly drove and flew out of Detroit as it was much cheaper and easier especially when we cruised and went on our honeymoon. We found that La Quinta (near detroit airport) there had some deal where if you stayed one night you got a few days parking free at the hotel (it is a park and ride lot with 24 hour shuttles) - with that and the extra days it was still really cheap.

We are able to get good prices and seats available flying from Lansing, Michigan, to San Juan. We would have to stay overnight in Lansing prior to the flight. Does anyone know of the best hotel to stay for such a purpose -- i.e., proximity to airport, being able to leave your car there for a week, airport shuttle service? Will post this on the RCCL and Celebrity boards as well.

I live in a suburb of Lansing. As far as I know, there's nothing really that close to the airport (at the very least, nothing that I'd consider staying at, there might be a couple of very low end things there). I'm guessing the best places to stay might be on the west side. There's a couple of places on Saginaw Highway, I think a Holiday Inn and a Best Western. Definitely not first class places, but I've stayed in the Holiday Inn, and it's ok for a night. Both of those have pretty decent sized parking lots, don't know if they'd even know if you left your car there although I can't say what their official policy is. No idea if either has a shuttle, although I know there's a couple hotels in town that do. There's also a fair number of hotels in the area of I-496 and Creyts road that would also be a pretty good choice. (I honestly don't remember what's over there in this area, I just know it's gained a lot of hotels. If you need me to note down the names, I may be driving through there sometime this coming week (it's on the route between where I work and the field I fly rc planes at) Even if any of these hotels don't have a shuttle, a cab shouldn't cost too much from there.

(Personally I tend to leave my car at the airport, their longterm parking rates aren't too bad for an airport.) I like flying out of Lansing if I can get a good rate, because it's an easy airport to deal with. While I wouldn't recommend it, it's one of those airports you could almost roll up with 30 minutes before your flight and still make it. (It's not quite as convenient as it used to be, used to be you could actually park in the loading zone for a few minutes and run your luggage in, 9/11 killed that).

And of course now I see that you have another post saying your flight is actually out of Flint. Can't help you with that one, although I'm not entirely sure there's anything too close to the flint airport either. Been a while since I've been by it.

Archived