criuise tampa stay clearwater anyone???

june1300

we are leaving on miracle in august from tampa....but have 2 kids and it would really be benificial to all involed int eh trip if we could stay on a beach.

has anyone done this??

we wont be driving we will be flying into tampa so we wont rent a car.

suggestions?

how much would a taxi or limo cost from to airport

clearwater to port???

are there any beaches in tampa?

I read the post with 800+ posts but it didnt seem to be addressed there.

thanx

June

we are leaving on miracle in august from tampa....but have 2 kids and it would really be benificial to all involed int eh trip if we could stay on a beach.

has anyone done this??

we wont be driving we will be flying into tampa so we wont rent a car.

suggestions?

how much would a taxi or limo cost from to airport

clearwater to port???

are there any beaches in tampa?

I read the post with 800+ posts but it didnt seem to be addressed there.

thanx

June

June,

A lot of the "Mom & Pop" type smaller hotels in Clearwater are being gobbled up by developers for Million $ condos. When we go to Clearwater, we always stay at the Sheraton Sand Key. It may be a little pricey for some, but we love it there. Great pool area, right on beach, etc. As for the cab ride to and From Tampa to Clearwater, that could get a little pricey. You probably would be better off finding a deal on rental car and depending on how many days you were staying, might come out cheaper that way. If I had to guess the rate for cab from Airport to Clearwater Beach is probably at least $50.00 one way. Having lived in Tampa area for my entire life, I would not recommend the Tampa Public Beach. It is called Ben T. Davis beach and it is close to the airport and on the way to Clearwater, but it some times attracts undesireables and I would not recommend it. Clearwater is a much nicer beach with hotels, restaurants, etc, which Tampa does not have. Hope that answers some of your questions.

Cindi

Last January we were on the Splendour of the Seas out of Tampa. We stayed in ClearWater Beach at Quality Hotel on the Beach. We got an Taurus for $18/day at the airport. The next day I dropped the family off at the port and return the car to Hertz. Hertz took me back to the port. It was very simple and easy. It took about 25 minutes from the time I left the port before the Courteous Van brought me back to the port.

Archived