Mobile Hotel?

UKCRUISEFAN2

We Are Leaving Soon On The Holiday And Think We Might Go Down Early And Were Wondering If Anyone Knew Of A Good Hotel. I Know So Much Was Damaged With The Hurricane On Our Route And We Really Want To Make Sure We Choose A Nice/safe Hotel.

Thanks In Advance.

We have not stayed in Mobile before but we will be taking the Holiday in Aug, I booked 2 rooms at that Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel for 129.00 per night but that included free parking for the lenght of the cruise, as well as shuttle to and from the pier and breakfast, the room look really nice on the internet. There are other options if you don't need all of those services I have seen that the Marriott Coutyard was nice and the Riverview Plaza. I have not seen good reviews on the Lafayett Hotel. Hopefully someone who has stayed at one of these will give you better info, I tried to get the most for the money, we could have not gotten any less expense if we tried to do all that seperatly unless someone can tell me also where to stay. I kinda had to figure some of it out on my own.

Have a great cruise:)

Don't forget to try the Riverview Plaza the lady told me when I called it was either 20 or 29 storys tall but some of it is under renovation, I recall someone on the boards said it was very nice and you can see the ship in the am before you board. They charge $8.00 a day to park, you pay after your trip.....we were afraid we may not have any $$ left. We would have to get a taxi to and from the pier even though it is 2 blocks away because there are no sidewalks, it is on the road. :)

GOOD LUCK

I don't live in Mobile now, but am from Mobile. If you will have transportation, you do not have to stay downtown near the port at all. In fact there are several areas that are more reasonable on their prices. If you are relying on a taxi it would be best to try to stay in downtown.

Some places to look would be along I-65 and airport blvd area. You won't see the port but are only about a 10-15 min drive from it. Also, Look into Tillmans Corner. This is near Hwy 90 (Government Blvd) and I-10. Either place would only be 15 mins away from the port.

Good luck!

I live in Pensacola,Fl but work out of Mobile. Daphne is right across the Mobile bay. It is a upscale town. Just off I-10 there are a few newer Hotel. There is a Hilton Garden, and a Comfort Suites. Both really Nice. There is also a Hampton inn and suites that have rooms overlooking the Bay. And across the street from the is a Microtel. All of these are newer hotel. There is also a Big mall on that exit. And alot of good eating places. Now down 1 more exit is another new shopping mall with more places to eat around it. This mall is not even a year old. They are just finishing up a Holiday Inn Express. It is not open yet, but should be in a month or 2. But as I have said in another thread. I deliver gas to the gas station. And the downtown area of Mobile is not a very nice place to go after dark. I will not deliver gas anywhere near the downtown area after dark. My company will not send us there after dark. Last year one of our drivers did a downtown gas station after being told that we dont. He was not hurt. But he was robbed while unloading gas. Not only did he get robbed, but the guy took all his clothing. And then locked up his truck and took the keys. So here is a big truck driver naked as can be trying to wave down help. Dont know why nobody would stop and help him out. It is a funny story that is still going around the work place.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/mobtl

The Holiday Inn in Tillmans Corner is very nice and I think they have a cruise package with free parking for the week and free shuttle (I think). It is about 15 miles from the port but in a nice part of town with lots of restaurants and shopping close by. A real travellers dream exit right off I-10.

Archived