Port of Savona

brandy3415

I don't know if anyone has left from Savona yet--but some questions in advance. We are on the Magica Oct 3, itinerary Spain and Portugal. We have booked our own air because we had a terrible experience in past on a W. Mediterranean cruise.

Which is most advisable--a taxi from Genoa airport to Savona port, or the Costa transfers?

What time does ship board in Savona--and what time does disembarkation start upon return? Time not really an issue as we left plenty of room on both ends for the travel from ship to airport.

we've always found costa transfer to be fine. on and off times are much the same as other lines.

Genoa to savona is about 1hr so a taxi won't be cheap.

Hope you enjoy costa, we've done 4 cruises with them and always been pleased.

happy cruising, daff.

Definitely go with the ship transfers, as daffodil said. Although I would say that the trip from the airport to the Costa terminal is really more like only 35 minutes or so, the taxi fare would have been quite exorbitant from what I recall. The ship transfers worked fine. Costa has a small but pleasant lounge area at the airport, with reading material and free non-alcoholic drinks. Then, the Costa terminal at the port is relatively new, very spacious and really quite pleasant. We were there last October . Although we had to wait a couple hours to embark, they had a very pleasant outdoor deck where you could have a drink and enjoy the sun and the sea before boarding.

Thanks for your responses---we have flown into Genoa before, in mid 90's. Costa did not have anything there then! Still, I liked that airport--small, nice gift shop.

Unless I hear differently, will book the tranfers. Incidentally, we have cruise Costa in both Caribbean and Mediteranean--5 for me , 4 for spouse. I went on a Costa fly-cruise before probably anyone else I knew--1970 on the Costa Fulvia, which subsequently burned and sank in the Canary Islands.

Archived