1st Time Cruiser....How much Total to Tip for a 4 day Cruise?

My wife and I are going on a cruise in July for the first time and I am trying to make sure that I have everything lined up financially and wanted to know what to expect to pay for a 4 Day cruise? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, I thought at one time I saw a website that helped with the tipping numbers, but I don't remember it.

When you say 4 days, I assume you mean 4 nights since tipping is based on the number of nights.

Waiter - $3.50 per person per day.

Asst. Waiter - $2.00 per person per day.

Cabin Steward - $3.50 per person per day.

Head Waiter - 75 cents per person per day.

When you say 4 days, I assume you mean 4 nights since tipping is based on the number of nights.

The tip calculator asks for amount of days for the cruise. So if we take a three night four day cruise we should only put in 3 days?

The tip calculator asks for amount of days for the cruise. So if we take a three night four day cruise we should only put in 3 days?

It is calculated by nights. For instance if a 7 day cruise leaves on a Saturday and returns on a Saturday. That is 8 days and 7 nights. That last day is just for disembarkation. I just looked at my RCI catalogue and it calls our cruise "7-NIGHT Southern Caribbean."

I think I just had a "well duh!" moment. Maybe it would be a lot clearer if I actually labeled the field "Nights" instead of "Days" on the calculator!

Thoughts?

Theron

It might be helpful for the novice cruiser whose travel agent has sold them an "8 day, 7 night cruise". They might not realize that they only need to tip based on 7 days rather than 8.

I think I just had a "well duh!" moment. Maybe it would be a lot clearer if I actually labeled the field "Nights" instead of "Days" on the calculator!

Thoughts?

Theron

I think you are correct in changing it to say "nights". I have seen several questions on here about tipping where the person is confused about nights and days.

I always post your tip calculator to aid people and it would make it easier for them.

Thoughts?

Theron

Theron, I think that would be a great idea. You have no idea how many of us have used and referred others to this wonderful site that you have created. You are THE tip calculator guru! :D

Theron, I think that would be a great idea. You have no idea how many of us have used and referred others to this wonderful site that you have created. You are THE tip calculator guru! :D

I watch the web logs on the site, so I have a little bit of an idea.. ;) Thanks!

Theron

I watch the web logs on the site, so I have a little bit of an idea.. ;) Thanks!

Theron

Well of couse you do. I am not the least bit surprised that you have a web log. I guess that is a "No, duh," moment for me! :D ;)

Waiter - $3.50 per person per day.

Asst. Waiter - $2.00 per person per day.

Cabin Steward - $3.50 per person per day.

Head Waiter - 75 cents per person per day.

I do appreciate eveyone's help in this matter. Have a great week. Can't tell you how much we are looking forward to it.

I've just uploaded the updated version, thanks for your input!

Theron

It says nights now! I e-mailed this calculator to my whole family before our reunion cruise last year. It was so helpful. Thanks, TPKeller!:D

Now I have a question. We are booked for our first Junior Suite (Yeah!) for our next cruise, plus the one after that. Do we use the Royal Caribbean regular rate or the suite rate? I had read somewhere that the JS is not really considered a suite. Or was I just imagining that?

I am still seeing days! I am clicking the calculator link at the bottom of Theron's signature. Why am I not getting the updated one?

Michelle

Sometimes your web browser is set to store copies of web pages on your local computer. Try loading the page, then holding the Shift key down while you click on the refresh or reload button. Sometimes that forces it to reload the page from the server.

Theron

That didn't work. I don't want to clean out my cookies because of other things that are stored there. Let me just say, "Wow! That is great!" for I am sure it is!

Thanks for the help.

Michelle

That didn't work. I don't want to clean out my cookies because of other things that are stored there. Let me just say, "Wow! That is great!" for I am sure it is!

Thanks for the help.

Michelle

Are you by chance using AOL? I found this on their web site:

Q. I am still getting old pages and I am certain that the site has been updated, how do I clear my BROWSER CACHE?

A. Even though AOL's Proxy cache is updated every 24 hours, a member can clear their Browser Cache and force the reload of a page. This is done by either reducing the browser History to "0" and manually clearing all pages in history by deleting the files in the temporaty internet files tolder located in the Windows Directory or PC users can force a refresh by holding down the CONTROL key on their keyboard and mouse clicking on the AOL browser reload icon. The latter will completely clear all items in history.

Hope that works!

Theron

Archived