Carnival Valor freeweights?

I along with a group of people, are leaving on the valor on july 9th to the west carib. Can anyone fill me in on the gym on board? Are there adaquate free weights? What are the hours the gym is open? I would like to get 3-4 good lifting days in while onboard as well as some cardio, the earlier (or later) the better!

• 8 months later...

I am not definite about the Valor gym...but will know after my May cruise. However, if it is anything like the other Carnival cruise ships then will be able to get in pretty good workouts. Bo really havey dumbells and no barbells...but there are adequate number of cardio machines and some weight machines that add weight by air pressure so you can get some heavy lifts in that way. And the gyms open at 6am and I belive close at 9pm.

I hope that helps with your planning....

• 1 month later...

what do you consider adequate? dumbbells run up to 65-75lbs as I recall, doing 8-10 sets of 25-50 with that weight seemed to get me a bit of a pump on curls and kick backs, wide press for both shoulder and bench and lunges of 50-100 with those weights (each legg) gave me an "adequate" workout...:)

. BUT you will NOT find a squat rack or barbells a Smith Machine or incline press. Lots of Machines of newer variety but free weights as on most ships consist of Dumbbells, you adapt;)

Archived