October Weather

NYCRUISR

Can anyone give their input on October weather in Bermuda? Is mid October too late in the year for beach/ water activities? We are considering the October 20, 2007 Empress cruise, but would like to have the opinions of past cruisers to Bermuda at that time.

Thanks!

We went mid October of 2005, we had great weather while in Bermuda. Water temps were approx 78 and air temps were in the 80's. We were able to go to the beaches and do water excursions. We did hit some rain on the way to and from Bermuda, but not much. We always vacation from August into October, only once did we have a wash out. Have a great time!:p

Can anyone give their input on October weather in Bermuda? Is mid October too late in the year for beach/ water activities? We are considering the October 20, 2007 Empress cruise, but would like to have the opinions of past cruisers to Bermuda at that time.

Thanks!

We have done the Boston to Bermuda cruise on the Norwegian Majesty 3 times during Columbus Day week. It's always been beautiful weather. Perfect for beach and swimmig.

I was asking because I remember my Dad going on Empress some years back in October and he told me about the rough seas they encountered. He said that many could not even go to the dining room it was so rough. He had sea legs and could always function well on rough seas. ( he liked to go ocean fishing )

How have you found the trip to be? Calm? Swells? I would like to hear what you have to say about that.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for your input. Better to get somebody's actual experience than to look at a statistical weather chart.

Maybe I'll have to book a cruise to Bermuda in October so I can help too!!!:D

Jackie

Thanks again. The more folks who come back with positive responses helps to re-inforce our decision to cruise to Bermuda in October.

I'm sure some folks out there had a less than perfect weather situation. Please share that as well. All info is appreciated and put in the data bank.

...........John

Hi there!

My husband and I got married on the Majesty, 3 years ago in Boston then cruised to Bermuda for our honeymoon.

Our weather out of Boston was sunny and cool but when we awoke the next day it was beautiful and warm. The cruise itself was rocky but you are going into the Atlantic verses a cruise in the Bahamas or the Caribbean were the seas are less rough. I don't think that matters what time of the year you go! I take Bonine on all my cruises, just in case, and have never had a problem.

While in Bermuda we had warm weather low to high 80's, it did rain 1 day we were there off and on. That day we went to the forts and caves, and doid the beaches on the sunny nice days. We went helmet diving one day too, that was awesome and the ocean was plenty warm.

We are considering going the October 1st Majesty cruise this year again for our anniversary, so that must say it all! ;)

Archived