Webster, tx hotels conquest cruise

Webster is a small town right on I-45 about 30 minutes north of Galveston. It's part of the Clear Lake/Bay Area section of Houston and is near Johnson Space Center/NASA. There are lots of very nice motels in this area, LOTS of restaurants and a very large shopping center (Baybrook). It is also an easy drive to Galveston. I live near-by and will be glad to answer any questions

Thanks for the response. Could you suggest a couple of nice but reasonable hotels? Is there any area we should avoid getting a hotel in? Some of the hotels there were incredibly cheap and I was wondering if it's because of the quality of the hotel, or just because hotels there are lower? For instance, Best value inn and Suites on Live Oak drive was really cheap for a suite with a king and queen bed, do you know anything about them? I appreciate any help you can give.

I think the reason the Best Value is cheaper is that they built it, for some strange reason, off the major roadways. Obviously haven't stayed there but it is fairly new (2-3 yrs.) and there really are no areas around here that are not safe and clean and easily accessible. I would probably not recommend the Days Inn on NASA Road #1/NASA Parkway (there is a name change going on for that street) simply because it is older and looks out on shopping center parking lots. Try Quality Inn on NASA Parkway, or Best Western, La Quinta, Hampton Inn or Wellesley Inn all on Bay Area Blvd. Any of those would be very close to the Gulf Freeway (I-45) and also convenient to a variety of restaurants. Hope that helps. Any more questions?

Could be because the Wellesley has recently changed names and I can't remember the previous one. If you have some time Kemah is a great little town right on Galveston Bay with a boardwalk area with lots of restaurants, carnival rides, etc. If you Google Kemah Boardwalk you should get some info and photos. Lodging in Webster and/or on Bay Area Blvd., however, will be significantly closer to I-45. The drive to Kemah from I-45 on NASA #1/NASA Parkway (hope they get that name change worked out so I can quit typing both names!!) would typically take +/-20 minutes but, if you hit the traffic when NASA/Johnson Spacecraft Center is letting people off work, it could easily be twice that. Can't remember what you ETA was or what day you would be here.

Thanks, one more question, would the Webster or Kemah area be best? All the hotels you mentioned looked good, but I couldn't find any information on the Welsley hotel in Clearlake or Webster?? thanks for all your help.

I think this is the hotel we stayed at last year. It is an Extended Stay America Deluxe. Actually got it on Priceline for one night pre cruise. Think we paid about $38. It was not bad, clean not fancy at all. It had a sofa microwave, and refrigerator and a table. Continental breakfast was pretty good and staff were great!! It was not to far from the dog track so we went and had a great time. It was near the interstate and about 30 min to the ship.

Which one are you referring to as being the one you stayed at? I think the best value inn and suites is an extended Stay America, so I wonder if this is what use to be the Wellsey, do you remember what street it was on, and if it was located in Webster or Clearlake. Thanks for the info.

Archived