Anyone on the Magica Dec. 17-23?

Hoosiergirls

I guess that because it was listed in military times that I didn't even note the discrepancy.. you are correct, however, in that these times have changed drastically from the original cruise itineray. I, also, chose this due to the "different" western ports. (Couldn't care less about Cozumel; it is has never recovered after the hurricane.)

Western Caribbean Day Itinerary Arr. Dep.

Sun 12/17 Port Everglades 19:00

Mon 12/18 Key West 08:00 13:00

Tue 12/19 Cozumel Mexico 09:00 17:00

Wed 12/20 Belize 08:00 18:00

Thu 12/21 Roatan,Honduras 08:00 13:00

Fri 12/22 At Sea

Sat 12/23 Port Everglades 08:00

Hi Everyone!,

I thought I would post a little (maybe useless) information for anyone who might be interested.

According to cruisecal website, these are the other cruise ships that will be in port with us during the week, along with the time they arrive and leave:

Ft Lauderdale:

Magica 8-7

Carnival Celebrity 8-4

Celebrity Millineum 7-4:30

Holland Westerdam 8-5

Princess Carribean Princess 7-5

Royal Carribean Radiance of the Seas 7-5

Key West:

Magica 8-1

Carnival Celebrity 7-3

Royal Carribean Radiance of the Seas 7-2

Cozumel:

Magica 9-5

Carnival Fantasy 7-6

Crystal- Crystal Serenity 8-5

NCL Dream 10:30-6

Royal Carribean Freedom of the Seas 7-4

Royal Carribean Radiance of the Seas 9-4

Belize:

Magica 8-6

Princess Grand Princess 7-5

Royal Carribean Legend of the Seas 7-5

NCL Dream 8-6

Roatan- We have this port all to ourselves! Probably a good thing, since we are only there from 8-1

Ft Lauderdale (12/23):

These are the arrival times of the other ships returning that day. Should be a madhouse!

Carnival Liberty 8

Cunard Queen Mary II 6

Holland Volendam 8

Holland Zuiderdam 8

Princess Star Princess 7

Princess Sea Princess 7

RC Enchantment of the seas 7

RC Radiance of the Seas 7

Seaborn Seaborn Pride 8

If you go to the cruisecal website, They list all of the ships in port on any given day, and also indicate which ones have web cams. My plan is to leave this list on my desk at work, with instructions for my co-workers (and my boss also) to check the webcams everyday 1/2 hour after we reach the port. Hopefully, they will find me parked in front of one of the other ships webcams(sometimes the ships line up in such a way that you can see onto the ship in front of them), with a large, very potent drink in one hand (I may even add one of those little umbrellas, just for effect), and my other hand sending them a one fingered greeting from the deck of the Most beautiful cruise ship in the Carribean.

We have our Doc's, are starting to lay out all of our warm weather clothes, and trying to decide what to do at each of the ports. It is getting close!

For us, one of the best advantages of this cruise is that we gave our 4 kids the option of taking this cruise instead of the usual boatload of Christmas gifts they normally receive. All of them immediatly said "THE CRUISE"! So instead of fighting the crowds at the malls and stores, we can concentrate of getting ready to sail and giving them an experience they will always remember. We will still pick up a few things for each of them to open Christmas morning,( We are not "Grinches" after all!)

Kurt

Just booked on the new Royal Caribbean ship for next August so very interested to see that the Freedom of the seas will be in Cozumel at the same time as us. Will be taking some photos for my sister and her family as they will be travelling with us next time.

that we can't take a tour of the Freedom while we are tendered next to her in Cozumel! It's going to look like a behometh (and the Magica is not a small craft!);)

It's certainly going to be a crowded day in Coz! :eek:

BTW, does anyone know as to which pier in Cozumel we will be tendering?

Yes of course, you can join the group. Now up to 14. Names above plus djsmeenge, 2 adults and 2 teens. Can you post names? Thanks.

Nearer the time I will have to get people's surnames.

Tracey

I think that I can now e-mail Tom with the details and numbers for the cave tubing excursion. We have 14 people. What time would people like? I don't know if he has set times, but I will ask if we can meet at a certain time. we are now leaving belize at 6pm and not 8pm so maybe a little earlier than we originally suggested? We also have to allow time to have breakfast and get off the ship bearing in mind it is a tender port and ship excursions will have priority. Do you think about 10.30 / 11.00 ish?? Or 10.30 to be on the safe side for getting back in plenty of time and making the most of the day?

What about surnames? Do people want me to leave an e-mail address?

I think that I can now e-mail Tom with the details and numbers for the cave tubing excursion. We have 14 people. What time would people like? I don't know if he has set times, but I will ask if we can meet at a certain time. we are now leaving belize at 6pm and not 8pm so maybe a little earlier than we originally suggested? We also have to allow time to have breakfast and get off the ship bearing in mind it is a tender port and ship excursions will have priority. Do you think about 10.30 / 11.00 ish?? Or 10.30 to be on the safe side for getting back in plenty of time and making the most of the day?

What about surnames? Do people want me to leave an e-mail address?

Any chance there's room for two more???? :confused: We'd love to join the party!

Alan & Cathy

I will e-mail Tom regarding the Belize cave tubing tour. The numbers are 12 adults (aged over 12) and 4 children. Here is the info for anyone coming with us. What time shall I suggest - he may have his own times and may have to go with what he asks for? 10.00 / 10.30? How do people feel about that time?

"Maya Cosmos Float – Cave Tubing/Rainforest Adventure

Depart your arrival location by tour vehicle and drive up the paved Western Highway for about 45 minutes, into a jungle road for about 15 minutes, and we arrive at the Sibun Caves Branch Archaeological Park for your cave tubing experience. After bathrooms and a short tour presentation, grab your floatation tube, caving light, and life vest and follow your guides on a primary rainforest trail for a fairly easy nature walk. At the cave’s entrance, guides will ensure you are all geared up, and off you go on a spectacular Maya Cosmological journey through their famed “underworld”, called XIBALBA (“shi-bal-bah”). Your guide will point out the various stalactite and stalagmite formations, which depicted some of the underworld gods of the Maya, among other fascinating formations. This cave system dates back to the early cretaceous period of the earth, tens of millions of years ago. Upon exiting the caves, enjoy a great downriver float in the open, among the pristine flora of a unique jungle riverine system. The tour is actually a circuit, taking you back to your start point in style! Floating! After drying off and a change of clothes, back down the highway to our Belizean rainforest restaurant where you can buy a great Belizean lunch with juice/soda, (vegetarians welcome) and then head off back to your embarkation point in Belize City.

Note:

Take a change of clothing, fly repellant, sun block, and a towel. Because you are in a rainforest, mostly under jungle canopy, there will be limited sunlight; a hat is totally optional, but some guests may still want to wear one. Wear tennis shoes, secured sandals, or beach booties. The park has shops, which rent footwear and sell a wide variety of handicraft. Tour vehicles are locked and guarded for security of your personal items. Life vests are issued to all. Each guest gets a special caving light and a floatation tube."

Yes, I will add you in - two adults I presume? If you look back through this thread you will see details of excursion and price. Final numbers are now around the 16 mark.

Yes, two adults (or just two big kids! :D ).

We're really looking forward to this excursion; my wife Cathy & I visited Belize about 4 years ago on a dive trip, but didn't get the chance to spend any time on the mainland. So much diversity in such a small country; I wish we had more than a day.

Can my husband and I get in on this. I posted a question about Altun Ha but it doesn't look like anyone is going Costa's sight doesn't give you any information about excursions in belize. Neither can their service reps.

How do we get booked for this?????

Is the group meeting prior to.... like when we first board???

Is anyone doing anything in Cozumel????

Has anyone did the submarine???

What about Day pass to playa mia beach?????

Finally what about having your own wine delivered to the boat?????

Can my husband and I get in on this. I posted a question about Altun Ha but it doesn't look like anyone is going Costa's sight doesn't give you any information about excursions in belize. Neither can their service reps.

How do we get booked for this?????

Is the group meeting prior to.... like when we first board???

Is anyone doing anything in Cozumel????

Has anyone did the submarine???

What about Day pass to playa mia beach?????

Finally what about having your own wine delivered to the boat?????

A group of us have got a party together to go cave tubing with Tom ***** in Belize and the price is $35 per adult and $20 per child. If you are interested, please go back through this thread for more details and then get back to me ASAP as I am about to e-mail Tom with the final numbers.

Cozumel, we are thinking of going to Paradise Beach for the day - anyone else thinking of this too? I think this beach is next door to Playa Mia. However, not definite about our plans as we also have the second week on the ship.

Roatan, time now too short in port.

I have set up an e-mail address for this cruise so maybe people could e-mail me with their surname and room number in case the details change for the cave tubing.

It would be nice to all meet up sometime - does anyone want to arrange that?

Tracey

Please e-mail name and room number and confirm details for Belize to costamagicacruise@yahoo.co.uk

How does this look for a meeting place?

I think we will all be busy the first night, exploring the ship and getting settled in, but how about the 2nd day, after Key West?

We leave Key West at 1:00, I am sure we will all (hopefully) be back on board by 12:30ish, so maybe around 2:00? This should leave us enough time to grab a bite to eat, and relax a little after the port.

On the off chance that the lifeboat drill happens at 2:00, we can use 4:00 as an alternate. (I understand that Costa usually does the Lifeboat drill on the 2nd day, this may not be the case since this is a 6 day trip, instead of 7 days)

Let me know if this works for everyone.

Thanks to Joetrizeo for the photo.(I pilfered it from another thread).

If anyone has any suggestions as to how we might recognize each other, please speak out.

We have 11 in our party, they are:

Kurt & Chris with Kat(15), Anthony(13), Dee (13) & Tyler (9)

Sara (the kid's Grandmother)

James & Di

Don & Lisa

Hope to meet everyone there!

Kurt

attachment.php?attachmentid=32197&stc=1&d=1163720490

Well, If I am going to steal Joe's tips, I might as well steal the directions too! :rolleyes:

TIP: to get to that spot quickly and easily take the MIDDLE elevator to deck 10, and walk out the glass doors.

Thanks Again Joe!(who's name is actually Jim) Hope you enjoyed your Carnival cruise!

Kurt (another Northern Buckeye)

so we are going to meet up the 2nd day on deck 9 or 10? is there a bar or lounge at that spot?

There are three of us me (36) him (44) and her (7).

Cosumel I think we are renting a jeep am making our own way - dependss on how put back together the island is...although my niece just did a dolphin activity in CA and now Hannah is saying she really wants to do that...

Our cruise confirmation document finally arrived this morning; it's finally official!!! :) Time to break out the luggage & start packing. December 17 will be here quicker than we think (but not soon enough!).

Hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving & didn't run themselves too ragged in the malls today! My lovely & talented spouse, who works in a well-known specialty store over in the local mall, reports that it was very busy this Black Friday, but the crowds were better behaved this year (last year she was cussed out by a customer when her store ran out of the freebie gift that they were giving out with a $50 min purchase :eek: ).

Archived