Anyone on the Magica Dec. 17-23?

Hoosiergirls

Can I check with everyone about the final numbers for Cave Tubing in Belize with Tom?

The details I have at present are

Jones721 party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)

Morgsmom party of 2 (1 adult, 1 child)

PTcruisers party of 4 (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 child)

Djsmeenge party of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens)

AlanFromFl party of 2 (2 adults)

The minibus holds 16 and we have the original 16 above who requested a space. I have e-mailed Tom and asked whether he prefers to take a full minibus or a half full coach as there are another 4 people asking if there are any spaces - Bob and Rose, taxlady66.

Up to now, I have had cabin nos for AlanFromFl and Morgsmom.

Tracey

costamagicacruise@yahoo.co.uk

Tom has replied to my e-mail (he is always extrememly prompt) and for the 16 above, he is bringing a minivan and is driving that himself and is being our guide - especially in view of the fact that we have several children in the party.

He is NOT allowed to take any bookings from the dockside (he says that is the domain of the cruise ship taxi association) so everything has to be done beforehand.

He is bringing along a 14 seater as another 9 people from the ship have also booked so there are 5 more spaces. brownie47 (Bob and Rose), taxlady66, would you like to join that group? E-mail me and I will let Bob know and give you his details.

16 originals - he may even decide to put everyone in one large bus - do you prefer a small group (especially with the younger ones) or happy to go as a large group? I think I would prefer a smaller group as it is easier to stick to your own timings (time in the water, lunch stop, meeting time, etc) than if there is a coach. Let me know. We are aiming for 10am at the docks to get back for around 4.

Tracey

Tom has replied to my e-mail (he is always extrememly prompt) and for the 16 above, he is bringing a minivan and is driving that himself and is being our guide - especially in view of the fact that we have several children in the party.

He is NOT allowed to take any bookings from the dockside (he says that is the domain of the cruise ship taxi association) so everything has to be done beforehand.

He is bringing along a 14 seater as another 9 people from the ship have also booked so there are 5 more spaces. brownie47 (Bob and Rose), taxlady66, would you like to join that group? E-mail me and I will let Bob know and give you his details.

16 originals - he may even decide to put everyone in one large bus - do you prefer a small group (especially with the younger ones) or happy to go as a large group? I think I would prefer a smaller group as it is easier to stick to your own timings (time in the water, lunch stop, meeting time, etc) than if there is a coach. Let me know. We are aiming for 10am at the docks to get back for around 4.

Tracey

I'm with you - I prefer a smaller group! Easier to keep everyone on the same schedule as you said.

Bob and Rose, taxlady66,

I have already e-mailed you all the details. Our group is already full but I have asked Tom to put you on the other minibus and have given him your names. You will need to contact him to sort out timings, etc as I have no idea what their plans are. I have e-mailed you the details. No doubt we will all meet up along the way somewhere, whether it is at the docks, on the river or stopping for a spot of lunch.

The original 16

The ship docks quite a way out in Belize (I was there last year) so the tender journey is quite long. However, if I remember correctly, the sea was a haze of small boats going backwards and forwards to the docks. We will need to let the ship's tours off first - but make sure we get a tender ticket early on so that we are ready to go. I have asked for 10ish on the dock (10 to 10.15) but as soon as we are all there, we can go. If we have a lunch stop on the way back, this adds to the duration of the trip. I think he has contacts where he takes people for something to eat and it is only cheap. I am easy either way. I don't mind. If we leave by 10.30 and don't stop for lunch then we should be back by early afternoon. Otherwise it will be in plenty of time for a bit of shopping etc, before the last tender.

Tracey

Well, If I am going to steal Joe's tips, I might as well steal the directions too! :rolleyes:

TIP: to get to that spot quickly and easily take the MIDDLE elevator to deck 10, and walk out the glass doors.

Thanks Again Joe!(who's name is actually Jim) Hope you enjoyed your Carnival cruise!

Kurt (another Northern Buckeye)

hey kurt, fellow NE ohio-ian :)

i'm happy for you and your family for finally getting a chance to go on the magica. it's coming up soon. i wish i was on there with ya's and hope you's have good time.

make sure you come back and report to us.

my carnival victory cruise was good, but no where near the great time i had on magica.

ciao!

so we are going to meet up the 2nd day on deck 9 or 10? is there a bar or lounge at that spot?

thats just a spot i reccommend becasue its a good spot to chill out. its a good lookout point over deck 9. it's easy to get to, central to the ship, and hardly no one is ever there. and its an open space. it's on deck 10. there is no bar or lounge at that spot. if you want to go to a bar from there all you have to do is walk down the semi-spiraling steps toward the port side and walk around the back of the steps.

ciao!

Thanks Jim for clarifying the meet-n-greet location,I was trying to find other pic's that might show a bar in the area, but did not see one right away, and ended up getting sidetracked looking through the tons of pics that are available. (I was cruisin vicariously through other peoples pics)

I also appreciate your "Well Wishes" for our upcoming cruise.

I have been watching the carnival boards, waiting (along with the rest of the world) for you to post your Thanksgiving week cruise review. I was sorry to hear the weather was not as it should have been, but you know what they say, "You buys yer ticket, and you takes yer chances". Cruises are like days in our lives, you gotta have some "not so good" ones to appreciate the ones that are good. It wouldn't be any fun if they were all the same!

I do recall reading one of your comments regarding the large family reunion that was on your sailing, and the pax who dropped something (ice cream, I think?) from one of the upper decks onto the piano in the Atrium, while the pianist was playing :eek: . I also read somewhere about the 2 (supposedly) grown women who had a slap fest over a deck chair :eek:.

Sounds to me like you had a pretty exciting week!

I can only hope that we will be priveleged enough to witness some of this fine sub-human behavior on our trip! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I hope you had a good time, and after reading your past posts, I know that you made the most of it.

Keep the great tips comin!

Kurt

As I stated in an earlier post, I would love to be able to greet my co-workers while on our cruise, I was hoping to be able to get in front of one of the other cruise ships in one of the ports, and get on thier web cam so that the poor souls back home would have to endure me giving them a nice greeting from the deck of a beautiful cruise ship in the carribean, while holding my tropical "adult" beverage in the other hand. :D

I think I have found a great way to do just that, but the only drawback is it won't be from the ship. I found a web cam that feeds live footage from the Hogs Breath Saloon in Key West. Since we will still be in the states, I can call them at work on my cell phone, and tell them to go to the website I had previously e-mailed them. When they get to the site, they will find me smirking from ear to ear, with a very large "Big Boy" drink in my hand.

I think they will probably be hating me already, seeing as it is already mighty cold here in northern Ohio. But they will be really hating me when I send them an electronic, Carribean themed post card everyday, accompanied by some happy, Carribean style music, and a little smart alec comment from me.I found this service on an other website. You can pick a postcard, add some music, and put in your own text, then send it to anyone, on any day you choose.

I will attempt to post the web addresses in a separate post.

I hope everyone is getting excited!

Kurt

Hello Everyone!

This is the 2nd Part of our Honeymoon... just wanted to introduce ourselves...

We're Rick (43) & Sherry (43) from Knoxville, TN.

Great Threads on the Tours, can't wait to get to these Ports - major fun!!

Rick is a Film & Video Writer/Producer/Director, and a avid Photographer.

We just booked 2 weeks ago, and will get the Excursions booked this weekend!! ...reading more Posts for Trip Tips - thanks everyone!!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Hello Everyone!

This is the 2nd Part of our Honeymoon... just wanted to introduce ourselves...

We're Rick (43) & Sherry (43) from Knoxville, TN.

Great Threads on the Tours, can't wait to get to these Ports - major fun!!

Rick is a Film & Video Writer/Producer/Director, and a avid Photographer.

We just booked 2 weeks ago, and will get the Excursions booked this weekend!! ...reading more Posts for Trip Tips - thanks everyone!!

Looking forward to meeting you guys!

Congratulations and welcome to the group! :)

Can I check with everyone about the final numbers for Cave Tubing in Belize with Tom?

The details I have at present are

Jones721 party of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)

Morgsmom party of 2 (1 adult, 1 child)

PTcruisers party of 4 (2 adults, 1 teen and 1 child)

Djsmeenge party of 4 (2 adults, 2 teens)

AlanFromFl party of 2 (2 adults)

The minibus holds 16 and we have the original 16 above who requested a space. I have e-mailed Tom and asked whether he prefers to take a full minibus or a half full coach as there are another 4 people asking if there are any spaces - Bob and Rose, taxlady66.

Up to now, I have had cabin nos for AlanFromFl and Morgsmom.

Tracey

Tracey - what is your cabin #? I've been away for a while when exactly is the meet & greet and is it still on deck 10?

Four friends and myself are sailing on the Magica Dec. 17-23 and wondered who else would be sailing? I was on the Magica in March and it is a great ship. The crew and cabin were both wonderful. Can't wait until Dec. for this next trip.

Our family is sailing on the Magica Dec 17-23, and from your name of Hoosiergirls, assume you are also IU fans or at least from Indiana? We have 2 recent IU grads traveling with us as well as a current IU senior, 2 IU parents and 1 IU grandmother. We have been to all of the ports before except for Key West. Done the cave tubing in Belize before, but think 2 are going again. We would like to meet up with fellow travelers if we find out what time on Deck 10??

How does this look for a meeting place?

I think we will all be busy the first night, exploring the ship and getting settled in, but how about the 2nd day, after Key West?

We leave Key West at 1:00, We will all (hopefully) be back on board by 12:30ish, so maybe around 2:00? This should leave us enough time to grab a bite to eat, and relax a little after the port.

On the off chance that the lifeboat drill happens at 2:00, we can use 4:00 as an alternate. (I understand that Costa usually does the Lifeboat drill on the 2nd day, this may not be the case since this is a 6 day trip, instead of 7 days)

Hope to meet everyone there!

Kurt

attachment.php?attachmentid=32197&stc=1&d=1163720490

I thought I would move this post back up for anyone who missed it.

Oh Yea! is everyone ready? I can almost feel the sunburn on my bald head already:D

Kurt

It would be great if I had started packing (which I haven't), or if I had lost the 5 lbs so that I could return home "even" (which I haven't), so if I show up with 1/2 a suitcase full of thrown together things and leave a few pounds chubbier.... SO BE IT!!! It's vacation!!!!!! :p

Monday, 2:00 on deck 10. (see photo on earlier post)

alternate time, in case the lifeboat drill is at 2:00 will be at 4:00.

This board has been so quiet lately, I am hoping that there is some interest in meeting :confused:

We don't need to like hang out together all day, but it would be great to be able to recognize each other when we see each other on board.

I really hope everyone at least stops by just to say Hi, and maybe have a drink and chat a little.

Now, quit wasting time reading these posts, you know you have to finish up your packing!:D

See you in the sunshine!

Kurt, Chris, Sara, Kat, Anthony, Dee & Tyler

I hate to be the bringer of bad news....but I just checked the weather and there are either showers or thunderstorms in every single port our cruise will be in including Ft. Lauderdale. We will have to make the best of it, but will the rain affect our excursions?

I was planning on going scuba diving in Cozumel, cave tubing in Belize, and ziplining in Roatan. Will rain cause these things to be canceled? We did not book through the ship.

I hate to be the bringer of bad news....but I just checked the weather and there are either showers or thunderstorms in every single port our cruise will be in including Ft. Lauderdale. We will have to make the best of it, but will the rain affect our excursions?

I was planning on going scuba diving in Cozumel, cave tubing in Belize, and ziplining in Roatan. Will rain cause these things to be canceled? We did not book through the ship.

No worries....this morning's forecast for Sunday calls for dry & breezy weather here in Ft Lauderdale; should be great embarkation weather. :)

FYI, this time of year the de facto forecast for the western Caribbean is "30% chance of showers"...remember, it's the tropics! And the showers usually pass quickly. The only time I wouldn't go out on the water (or up a tree) is during a lightning storm! :eek: But most of the shore excursions I've taken in the past run rain or shine; the operators don't want to lose the $$$.

Archived