Westerdam

Crazy

Just wanted to let everyone I am back from my Alaska cruise. Got back last night.

I know some of you are interested in my cabin, etc. I have been sick since coming back home. Don't know what it is but my Doctor's nurse said there was a virus going around (stomach and the other) -- I said I had been on a cruise so I don't think this is the case. I feel terrible but will get my thoughts on the Westerdam, food, tours, cabin, service later in the week.

Later

Just wanted to let everyone I am back from my Alaska cruise. Got back last night.

I know some of you are interested in my cabin, etc. I have been sick since coming back home. Don't know what it is but my Doctor's nurse said there was a virus going around (stomach and the other) -- I said I had been on a cruise so I don't think this is the case. I feel terrible but will get my thoughts on the Westerdam, food, tours, cabin, service later in the week.

Later

Welcome back. We'll be going on the Westerdam August 6th, so I'm looking forward to your report.

I hope you feel better soon (and didn't leave any germs on board ;)).

Looking forward to your review, but, do take care of yourself first. My family will be on the Westerdam on 12/17, and we are anxiously tuning into this forum for information. We have been assigned a VC balcony on the Verandah deck. Thanks in advance.

Crazy, I hope you get to feeling better quickly!!! :o :)

Will be interested in reading your posts regarding the cruise - I thought it was wonderful and hope you did too!!

I'll be adding my 2 cents and photos sometime this week, once unpacking and laundry chores are caught up!!

(When we finally got back home Monday morning around 1:30 - we were greeted with piles of our son's laundry - home from school .... so the good ol' washer's going to be getting major workout the next few days!!!)

JesMil,

Which VC cabin do you have? We had a VC cabin, 4123, on the Westerdam last Nov. and loved it!! You're going to have a blast on the Westerdam. Some of my family just back from the same Alaskan cruise that Crazy was on, and they thought it was fantastic and that everything about the ship and crew were top-notch. It was their first time on the Westerdam. Their group was 4 adults and 4 children, ages 1 1/2 - 11 years old.

Crazy, hope you feel better!

Hi Sailsalot:

I think it is cabin 5007, in the middle of the Verandah deck. I am so glad you and your family had a great experience. Any photos of the VC catagory would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JesMil,

Unfortunately, my techno skills don't include downloading pictures. :) But the cabin was really nice, with two twin beds that could be pushed together, a couch, coffee table, desk and chair, and roomy balcony with two chairs and a small table. The view was completely unobstructed. I hope this helps, and maybe someone who is more computer-savvy can get a picture to you!

Have fun!

JesMil,

Which VC cabin do you have? We had a VC cabin, 4123, on the Westerdam last Nov. and loved it!! You're going to have a blast on the Westerdam. Some of my family just back from the same Alaskan cruise that Crazy was on, and they thought it was fantastic and that everything about the ship and crew were top-notch. It was their first time on the Westerdam. Their group was 4 adults and 4 children, ages 1 1/2 - 11 years old.

Crazy, hope you feel better!

I am feeling much better -- will try and get my thoughts together and post in the next day or so. This stomach "mess" is not fun.

We too were on the Westerdam June 11 -- had a great cruise and we are healthy -- sorry you were not feeling well Crazy --

Unfortunately we returned home to a death in the family (not unexpected, however) so it will be a few days before I have time to post

General impressions of ship, cruise, shore excursions, etc was excellent

Archived