Are the Freedom/RCL hump cabins noisy?

38anchor

We are looking to book a Freedom cruise very shortly, and after reading various comments on here we think a balcony stateroom (poss E2) mid ship would suit us.

I have heard that the hump cabins are quite popular, and these seem to fit the bill (if there are any available when we book). We have noticed that these are located directly next to the elevators and stairwells which worry us slightly. Admitedly, we are first time cruisers and not sure how this works, but initial thoughts are is that this could make the cabin noisy with all the movement outside. Is this something to worry about, or are we being completely stupid?

Also, is there any difference with booking a port or starbord cabin - we will be sailing out of Miami on the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise.

Thanks for looking (and hopefully replying)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We have booked a hump cabin near the elevators on Explorer at the end of this month; the travel agent could not believe there was one available, since they are apparently coveted. We are assured that there's a type of lobby separate from the cabin area, and it means that the noise is buffered. We are also told that the cabins are practically soundproof, but since we're first timers too, it's all hearsay. Have fun anyway. . .

English Teacher

Thanks for the reply English Teacher.

We did manage to book Deck Eight, Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom #8638 (centre of the hump) for our 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise Sailing On The Freedom Of The Seas on 23-Dec-2007.

Hope we made the right decision, but was suprised that it was still available. I know its a long way off, but I thought that with it being a Christmas sailing and a 'coverted cabin' we would have no luck. I get worried thinking it was still available because there is a problem with it :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We are looking to book a Freedom cruise very shortly, and after reading various comments on here we think a balcony stateroom (poss E2) mid ship would suit us.

I have heard that the hump cabins are quite popular, and these seem to fit the bill (if there are any available when we book). We have noticed that these are located directly next to the elevators and stairwells which worry us slightly. Admitedly, we are first time cruisers and not sure how this works, but initial thoughts are is that this could make the cabin noisy with all the movement outside. Is this something to worry about, or are we being completely stupid?

Also, is there any difference with booking a port or starbord cabin - we will be sailing out of Miami on the 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise.

Thanks for looking (and hopefully replying)

We traveled AOS last January in a hump cabin and heard absolutely nothing. There is a wall beteeen the cabins and the elevators and we really loved being only a few steps away from them and any floor we wanted to be on. We loved it so much we have booked 1312 on EOS for February.:p

38anchor: We booked hump cabin 8636 on Freedom for the 01April2007 W.Caribbean cruise, so let us know how you liked your cabin, 2-doors down from us!

It will be our first hump cabin!

Cheers!

Ae are not actually sailing until Dec 23 2007, so you will actually get there before us :D

We had a similar cabin on AOS last month. No more noisy than a cabin down the hall. If inconsiderate people are talking loudly at 3:00 a.m. it is just the luck of the draw as to where they stop to converse. Otherwise, we noticed no problem with the noise and the location is great, next to the stairs and the elevators. No long hallways to navigate. Also, the best view out on the balcony as you can see unobstructed both forward and aft.

• 2 months later...

we always book a cabin near the elevator!! it is soooo convenient!! although we never take the elevator, always the stairs!! that is how we avoid putting on those extra pounds from all the wonderful meals!!! believe it or not, my DH even takes the stairs when i am not with him!! he thinks this will allow him an extra trip to the buffet!! the first day or two, our legs are feeling it, but after that, it is kind of fun!! :D we have never had a problem with noise. we have a hump cabin #1340 on freedom for jan.14th!! you sound like me with the worrying!!! but guess what??!!!?? with all the worrying that i do, i have never had a problem that could not be fixed!! so at least give yourself some peace of mind about the elevator noise!!! you will always encounter some inconsiderate people, but at least they are just passing by!!! we have had balcony cabins with neighbors who were there for the entire trip, and not quiet!!! :eek: but we had a wonderful time anyway!!! on my first cruise, i was soooo nervous that when the day came to go, i really would have been happy to stay home! but after the first day was over, i was HOOKED!!! this will be our fifth cruise, and we will be planning the next one soon!! have a wonderful time!!!

We just found and switched cabins to 2 hump cabins, starboard side deck 6. We sail Feb 4, 2007 so I will bookmark the thread and let you know how we like it! I am SO EXCITED... First hump on the freedom and first aft cabin on the Radiance in May. I think being close to the elevators on the FOS is a good idea being that she is so huge!

I was on the hump eariler this month on Freedom, its very nice no noise and great location near stairs and elevator This ship is very large, I can't imagine walking the long halls everytime I wanted to get back to my stateroom. I would do this one again for sure.

I was on the hump eariler this month on Freedom, its very nice no noise and great location near stairs and elevator This ship is very large, I can't imagine walking the long halls everytime I wanted to get back to my stateroom. I would do this one again for sure.

Archived