Cabin under the stage with kids and more cabin ?? Carnival Inspiration

adogaer

Ok, this is my first post so bear with my dumbness...

We are booked in room E24 on the Inspiration. We have 2 kids with us, dd (5) and ds (2). I pulled up the deck plan and see that we are in the front of the ship directly under the Paris Lounge. The kids will probably crash around 9:30 - 10:00 if they aren't at the babysitter/kid's club. Will this be a noisy cabin?

I keep seeing that aft is better. Here's where my dumbness comes in a little, aft is the rear? :confused:

There is a quad cabin available in the back. We are currently next to my sil and crew so I'm not really sure a change is possible.

Also, we will be bringing our Pack N' Play for ds. Will this fit in the room? I was hoping to pull the two twins together and have dd sleep in a top bunk and ds in his P.N.P. Is this going to be possible? What's the best set-up for all of us? Any pictures of this kind of cabin around?

Any other info you'd like to share about cabin selection, set-up and kids is appreciated!

Thanks for your help!!

~Allison

First--nothing wrong with your questions.. only dumb people who wont ask wont know.

LEave the pack and play at home. Have your agent mark your reservation for a pack and play--take your own sheets.

your cabin is not under the stage are but between the seatings and the end of the stage. if you print both decks up and lay them on top of each other you will see.

when you are reading about the aft-- you are reading about balcony cabins across the back of the ship. not related at all to this class. on the inspiration the aft gets a lot of vibration/shuddering when it pulls in and out of port. also located towards the aft the emopress deck is under the galley which they are up there preparing for the next days meals at ungodly hours.The lessor of the two would be to stay where you are.

what is available for you on the Upper deck?

for more space in the cabin- reconsider putting the beds together. Keep them in an L shape around the edge of the room will give you more floor space in the middle. Putting the beds together will take up your floor space.

You can see what i mean by going ot carnivals page and clicking on a photo of a cat 4.

Crashed kids at 9:30 kinda puts a damper on your evening. Consider the camps night time babysitting at a 6.00 per hour charge for the 1st kid and 4 bucks for the 2nd. for 10 bucks you can stay out and play til 11 or so.

Have your cabin steward leave one bed down during the day.. makes good for a needed nap for the kids.. or extra storage space. there is no sofa in the cabin. make use of under the beds to store luggage/dirty clothes

Thanks so much for your reply Serene!! Based on your reply I think we'll stay put. HAving the kids cousins right next door might be a good thing.

We do plan on using the camp babysitter a few nights but probably won't do it everynight as dh is a cheapskate. My mil will be aboard with us as well further down the hall in a single so maybe she'll volunteer to watch the kids one night for us. We'll see. We have early dineer seatings so we can enjoy the first show while the kids remain in camp. I understand the camp babysitting doesn't start until 10pm (which by the way is a great money maker!! Most kids are probably asleep so they just have to sit there and watch them sleep!)

Anyway, thanks for your help. Now to figure out which excursions will be best for their age... off to post on another thread... Thanks! :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

here is the port of calls board. it lists EVERY port. lots of ideas here.

Grand cayman a must is the stingray city. lots of information there on private vendors. capt marvins, nativeways sports are the best known.

Water for sting rays are very low. comes lower then waist high.

Kids might like the turtle farm- just to let ya know the farm is for raising turtles for consumtion so be prepared to see tanks with huidreds of turtles.

Semi sub rides are another idea but its like a 2 hour thing and will the two year old get bored?

Though the noises would not be "loud", they do grate on your nerves. Remember, the theater seems to be used for tons of activity - Day and night - Early and late. Bingo, excursion meetings, auctions, kids activities, lots of different things.

I know we would never stay above or below a theater, but if you do, just be prepared.

Archived