David Meister dress

I was just looking at David Meister dresses on ebay. I only got about 4 down the list and I saw this. I kind of love it. Any opinions appreciated.. I'm keeping an eye out for yours CG, and I love the espresso.

_5150865.jpg

_5151229.jpg

Thanks. It is a sexy dress, that's for sure. I'm not going to do it though. I don't know this designer very well, and don't know how it will fit. A good reason for a trip to Nordstroms though, just to get an idea of how his dresses fit....

Thanks!

That is a BEAUTIFUL dress! Check out Nordstroms and make sure it fits good, and get it! Seeing this makes me even more excited about cruising, and makes me think my little black dress needs an upgrade!!;)

Good idea about checking out ebay too!

I was lying in bed thinking about the dress and knew that I'd feel horrible if I let it go, and it's a great price. So, I bid on it!! If it doesn't fit, I'll just relist it, no worries. Ahhhh, now I can sleep.. well in two hours when the auction is over. With that dress I'd BETTER be up to go to the gym in the morning!!

Thanks for all of your opinions on the dress. I'll post tomorrow when I know.

Exciting!!

I loooove that dress. That is one dress that if I saw it on the rack at a department store, I would have to buy it. Some dresses sing to you and you just have to listen.

It is sexy and classy at the same time. Definately not your typical black dress. Now I want to go on a cruise just to have an excuse to buy one like that! (Too bad we just remodeled the kitchen and did WDW with the kids a few weeks ago!)

I got it! I woke up this morning and second guessed myself. I was thinking "is it a stripper dress?" (not that there's anything wrong with stripper dresses, just not my thing) , but then I looked at it and felt better.

It looks like David Meister cuts his dresses generously in terms of sizes. Do you find that to be the case CaviarGirl?

As far as bras go, ugh, I didn't even think about that. I'm not big, 36b, but someparts are more empty than they used to be!! I'm going to have to get out the duct tape....

Running to the beach, have a great day all.. thanks so much for your help!

I got it! I woke up this morning and second guessed myself. I was thinking "is it a stripper dress?" (not that there's anything wrong with stripper dresses, just not my thing) , but then I looked at it and felt better.

!

Great dress! Definitely not stripper caliber.

It looks like David Meister cuts his dresses generously in terms of sizes. Do you find that to be the case CaviarGirl?

As far as bras go, ugh, I didn't even think about that. I'm not big, 36b, but someparts are more empty than they used to be!! I'm going to have to get out the duct tape....

Running to the beach, have a great day all.. thanks so much for your help!

Congrats on getting the dress. Now we will all have to wait (patiently) until it arrives - I'm anxious to hear how it fits, but especially how it makes you feel. You're going to be stunning!

PS - About the tape - practice, practice, practice - it takes a bit of effort to get it - or should I say them right.:D

Congrats!

Let us know when it arrives!

This is *almost* as fun as shopping myself ;)

Sorry your have to wait another day for your hubby.

I know what that is like...hope the time passes quickly!

~e

Gorgeous! I'd wear my NuBra with that. I have one with a similar back and it works perfectly. I can't wait to hear what you think when you get it! :)

Hmmmm...now I want a new dress.

I feel like today is all about waiting!!I know that my husband isn't coming home today, and I know that my dress won't be here today, but I still feel like I'm just waiting. I'll surely post as soon as I have the dress in hand, on body. It's funny and wives who share this life with me may or may not agree, but when my husbands away, which he is a lot, I am in my groove of doing things, getting to the gym everyday, going to the beach with my son, and the time flies by.......until today or even yesterday.... time just stops. Because it's so soon that I'll see him again, the anticipation is making the clock run very sluggishly.

What is a nu-bra? Sounds very interesting.... Are they the glue on things? How do those things work?

I do love this site.. Sharing my excitement about the dress, the cruise, the family, your dresses, cruises, families, good news, not so good news..... Thank you all so much.... not only for your compliments on the dress, but just for letting me into a part of your lives and sharing part of mine. I'm not leaving.. no way, I just wanted to say that.

Hi, I also know what the Navy wife life is like. My husband is retired Navy (Seabees). I still can remember the anticipation of his homecomings. His deployments were always at least 6 months or more. I really like the dress you have chosen. Where and when is your cruise? I hope it is wonderful for you and your husband.

Marie

Navywife,

I'm so thrilled for you that you got the dress! It's just gorgeous! I believe that David Meister is a full missy cut.

As for a bra, look into the paste on ones - I call them chicken cutlet bra's - they work well for many people.

I hope the dress fits nicely and that you DH comes home soon!

Jane

Navywife,

Did you get your dress yet? I was outbid on the nice black and white number by DM, but was able to snag a nice sundress by him that I think is just perfect for non-formal dinner or a show in the theatre. I was even smart & sneaky enough to use my bf's paypal account to pay for the auction!

Can't wait till I get it and I hope it fits!:D

e6_1.JPG

Archived