(2) Princess Cay

(3) Coco Cay

(4) Labadee

(5) Great Stirrup Cay

I've only been to three but would rate them about the same

Castaway Cay - A+

Labadee -B

Great Stirrup Cay- D

I have been to Castaway Cay, Labadee and Half Moon Cay (HAL's).

I loved them in that order - although Half moon cay was the prettiest there was more to do on the others - we loved the wave runners at Labadee.

We are going to GSC on our cruise on the Dawn July 1st !!!!

Will be able to get back to you then!

Calling it an "island" is rather generous. It's more like a big rock formation with a beach and a couple of trees:) Nonetheless, we had our best day at GSC. Weather was great, water was blue and we were able to get over on one of the first tenders - only had to knock off a few senior citizens to get a beach chair (just kidding)! Getting on the early tenders is key - competition for the beach chairs is furious, but once everyone gets settled, there really is enough room. It's a great day to relax!

How do you get VIP tender passes. Also when and where do you get the passes. Can you get them before your cruise or do you have to wait until the day you go to GSC to get them. We are looking at going on the Dawn next June. We are latitude members, will that put us in the VIP status??

Glamourgal, no special treatment for latitudes members. They will announce when the tender tickets will be available and where (on our sail it was first in the library). Kim & Dave can clarify their "VIP" passes, but if you get the tender tickets as soon as they start passing them out, you'll get on one of the 1st tenders.

Hmmmm would a group of rocks be considered "a body of land"?

Even if I accepted that a group of rocks couldn't be an island (which I don't), there is plenty of land and sand on GSC.

-Monte

GSC question.

We are on the overnight stay at GSC. What time does the tenders start in the morning? Do they operate all night? Is there a time in the evening everybody must get back on the ship and then they start the tenders again in the morning?

This is a little confusing to me, I've been overnight at two ports but we were docked and was able to walk on and off all night long.

Thanks

Glamourgal, no special treatment for latitudes members. They will announce when the tender tickets will be available and where (on our sail it was first in the library). Kim & Dave can clarify their "VIP" passes, but if you get the tender tickets as soon as they start passing them out, you'll get on one of the 1st tenders.

We had VIP tender tickets on our Feb cruise on the Jewel. They were delivered to our room the night. We were gold latitude members.

GSC question.

We are on the overnight stay at GSC. What time does the tenders start in the morning? Do they operate all night? Is there a time in the evening everybody must get back on the ship and then they start the tenders again in the morning?

This is a little confusing to me, I've been overnight at two ports but we were docked and was able to walk on and off all night long.

Thanks

judyf, they start running tenders around 7:30 or so in the evening. The last tender off the island was 11:30 p.m. They begin again in the morning, early maybe 7:30-8 a.m.

judyf, they start running tenders around 7:30 or so in the evening. The last tender off the island was 11:30 p.m. They begin again in the morning, early maybe 7:30-8 a.m.

Thanks that was the info I was looking for.

Do you rememeber what time you had to get in line for tender tickets? We are staying on the ship that evening. We want to get off early to get a quiet place away from the crowds. I did this last year and I'm hoping to get the same location this time. We were on one of the first tenders.

Our Concierge (Claudio) delivered our VIP tender tickets tuesday evening. I suppose this is a perk for suite/penthouse guests.

We were in no hurry to be the first ones off. In the future we'll probably stay on the ship unless something interesting is happening. ;)

[quote name='kimdave68']Our Concierge (Claudio) delivered our VIP tender tickets tuesday evening. I suppose this is a perk for suite/penthouse guests.

We were in no hurry to be the first ones off. In the future we'll probably stay on the ship unless something interesting is happening. ;)[/QUOTE]
We got the VIP tender tickets because we were gold latitudes. We were in a BB category balcony room.

[quote name='cruiserssandr']We got the VIP tender tickets because we were gold latitudes. We were in a BB category balcony room.[/quote]

Bronze here, but we'll be Pt in no time give the ridiculous number of cruises we have planned. We have friends that went with us in Jan and they are hooked. Now they want to get married on the Dawn next January. They want to take another 10 day and we want to go on a 11 day western. We'll probably compromise with a 11 day southern. Decisions! :eek:

Archived