Questions about March 25, 2007 Cruising

bboyack

Hi, I am thinking about booking the March 25, 2007 Caribbean Princess for my husband, myself, and sons ages 28 and 25 and their sig. other/friends. I know this is prime time spring break but can anyone tell me if this ship is bound to be overrun with college kids partying all day and night? I know if we were go to on a Carnivalk or RCCL that would be a guarantee, but I would like a little quiet on our trip. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary on this one. I have heard nightmares about kids 4 to a cabin, terrorizing passengers day and night and although I would like our sons to have a good time, I don't particulary think they would like partying with hundreds of 18 year olds.

Any input appreciated, looks like a nice ship and good intinerary. We have never sailed Princess so would love to try her.

Thanks so much!

This year at least, there were college spring breaks earlier in March, whereas that week, late March, was more high school/family spring breakers, and thus they seemed to have some sort of adult supervision. We went on a Carnival ship this year, had absolutely no problem with kids although there were many onboard. Had a cabin of 4 teens next door and never heard them, although we laughed at the daily piles of pizza crusts left by the door on the room service tray. We've got the Grand Princess booked for the March 24 sailing in 2007.

Thanks, Cherylandtk, I think it will be ok. I am not against teens or college kids, I used to work in the counseling office of a high school and my sons are not over the hill yet...I have just heard nightmares. I figured keeping away from some of those more popular ports, like Cancun, Nassau, cozumel, etc... might help and might also keep mine from over indulging in port. If they miss the ship I will have to strangle them! Thanks much!

Not sure if the horror stories you heard were specifically on Princess, but I have heard them on all lines--and yet never had a problem that impacted my overall experience. There are always the random elevator button pushers, and the stair sitters, but nothing to think twice about, much less let ruin a cruise.

No, the stories I heard were not told by cruisers on Princess, I don't believe so anyway...I am going to book this trip, looks like a very cool ship and I think the whole family will have a great time..thanks again

Archived